• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Hopkinton NH: Hunter Shot Woman Riding Bike on Trail

Well then, SC sucks.

Can you define "in the woods"? I can't. Can the SC possum cops?

Yes I can. Wildlife Management Areas (WMAs) They are open for uses other than hunting. Hiking, fishing, etc... and yes the Game Wardens know about them. <rolleyes> You can walk around on private lands naked for all anyone gives a f*** here. But, if you are on any of the managed hunting reserves in the state during season w/o orange then you are subject to a ticket, in addition to being a moron.

Why should there be a law that requires non-hunters to spend money on clothing to use public lands?

don't want to buy/wear the orange, don't use the area where hunting is allowed during hunting season.. after all, they have the other 40 weeks of the year to use it..

fine.. how about a law that if you're not wearing blaze orange during hunting season, that you cannot hold a hunter responsible for any injuries you may incur. No requirement, no ticket, just forfeit the ability to sue if your a moron.

Unless it was a round that missed it's target, and I sincerely doubt that she was in the wrong place at the wrong split second, the hunter did not know what he was shooting at. You don't just shoot in the direction of a deer or at it, you AIM for the heart and lung area so you need to see EXACTLY what you are shooting at so you can find the proper shot placement.
You assume the shooter has good vision to even aim.
I stopped hunting with my dad and his friends as they all had piss poor eye sight. f***ing scarry

don't want to buy/wear the orange, don't use the area where hunting is allowed during hunting season.. after all, they have the other 40 weeks of the year to use it..

fine.. how about a law that if you're not wearing blaze orange during hunting season, that you cannot hold a hunter responsible for any injuries you may incur. No requirement, no ticket, just forfeit the ability to sue if your a moron.

I am generally against the Government forcing people to do anything to their personal body or their homes. However I do realize we have been on the slippery slope for quite sometime. The latest of course with people being forced to buy heath care.

I'm fine with people hunting on land that's open. I'm fine with mountain bikers riding on that land dressed in brown if that's what they want to do. Each person is responsible for the consequences of their actions. The "hunter" has the responsibility to clearly ID his target, ID it as a legal animal, understand where he or she is in relationship to where the bullet is traveling, understanding what's behind the target. At the end of the day its the hunter who is responsible for where their slug travels and what or who it hits.

Yes I can. Wildlife Management Areas (WMAs) They are open for uses other than hunting. Hiking, fishing, etc... and yes the Game Wardens know about them. <rolleyes> You can walk around on private lands naked for all anyone gives a f*** here. But, if you are on any of the managed hunting reserves in the state during season w/o orange then you are subject to a ticket, in addition to being a moron.
So, it's not "in the woods", it's in the WMAs -- which are only a small part of the hunting lands.

Folks, lets also not forget that this is Hopkinton NH.........moonbat of moonbats.....

The real Moon Bats live in Peterborough. We should also never forget that the Democrats, by using new resident rules for voting, registered over 5000 "new" voters in NH who voted 75% Democrat. Those "new" voters stole Ayotte's seat for certain and likely other fraud turned NH Blue as well.

Down here if you are in the woods during hunting season you are required to wear orange regardless of what you are doing. You can actually be ticketed if you are in the woods during any hunting season and not wearing a blaze orange hat or vest.

That's nuthin - in MA, your hat has to be 100% blaze orange while hunting. Not orange camo. Not orange with a logo on it. I showed up to that pheasant debacle with a BPS orange hat. My buddy handed me another. "The F&G guy will nail you for that hat." ?????

In 1971, in Orford NH, I was 17. I was moving through a brush/thick area when a shot rang out, I heard the bullet clicking through the trees to my right. I yelled out and approached the "hunter" He says sorry, I thought you were a deer. A sound shooter as we call em.

Is there any difference between a sound shooter and a brown shooter?

One is color blind?

Yeah, this is about a mile from my house. My wife and I (and many other people in the area) walk in there regularly with dogs, kids, etc. It's a very popular walking, biking, hiking, fishing, and picnic area. I'm honestly surprised that hunting is even allowed in there.

Another nail in the coffin. :(

I was taught many years ago that you own the projectile from the time it exits the barrel until it lands. Regardless of intent or acts of God, he pulled the trigger, and he owns it.

Amen!

And in western NY:

Hunter shoots, kills woman after mistaking her for a deer, officials say - Fox News
https://apple.news/AM_fUvVu9SPiqP2mVup06JA

To be fair, she had a nice rack. ;)

Can we just stop here and be able to declare a spade to be a spade??? It's analogous to saying the LV shooter was misunderstood b/c he's a gun-owner. Some people are just dumb. Period. It's OK to call them out on it. From the articles and the input here, he's in a spot where he shouldn't be shooting in that direction. That ALONE is cause for alarm. I did not get a sense he was shooting at HER, per se. It's a ricochet. But shooting in THAT direction sounds like trouble.

Funny is that I mentioned a couple of weeks ago that Sunday no-hunting is important b/c it allows people to go into the woods without fear of being shot. At the time, I felt that the fear was mostly irrational. After the first few days of "real" hunting season, 2017, I'm not so sure. LOL

All that said, I'm not going out and giving an interview for MSNBC on how I think this particular hunter was in the wrong. We are just discussing it here. That's it.

I'm glad she's OK. I wonder how "serious" her non-serious injury was.

Back
Top Bottom