• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

OK, this is not OK. New forum freaks me out.

...The thread list used to show an indicator that I had posted in it before; I miss that...
It's there, just different. In a list of threads a very miniature version of your avatar appears in the lower right corner of the avatar of the person who started the threat that appears to the left of the thread title if you've posted in the thread since the update.

I've given it a few days but the new format and color scheme made me realize how much time I spent here previously - just can't do it now. The Coupon Suzy color scheme makes me cross eyed after about ten minutes, especially on a small screen tablet. White on light blue menus? It's a GUN site, get some contrast! Just realizing the editing window is black on white and it's actually easy to read (hint). Less logo and banner ads, more navigation and a quick link to classifieds. Ok, venting done...

Not sure if anyone else does this but I like the desktop version better on my phone. It's how I navigated the old layout before. It requires more zooming in and zooming out but that didn't bother me much. I'm basically doing the same now with the new layout.

For those of you complaining about the brightness of the forum... can you please give me some more specific feedback as to *what* and *where* it is too bright?

I'm currently looking at the old forum and the new one side-by-side, and we've actually DARKENED nearly every aspect of the forum, and matched the colors (including the blue that everyone is bitching about) from the old forum exactly.

upload_2017-11-21_20-26-44.png

For those of you complaining about the brightness of the forum... can you please give me some more specific feedback as to *what* and *where* it is too bright?

I'm currently looking at the old forum and the new one side-by-side, and we've actually DARKENED nearly every aspect of the forum, and matched the colors (including the blue that everyone is bitching about) from the old forum exactly.

They may still be commenting on what it looked like before you fixed it. It looks decent now with regard to colors, and proper separation between posts. Thanks for all the hard work!

They may still be commenting on what it looked like before you fixed it. It looks decent now with regard to colors, and proper separation between posts. Thanks for all the hard work!

I'd like to think that, but there are a number of posts from the last hour or so, where the majority of the changes had already been in place :)

Thank you for your appreciation.

View attachment 212870

I know one thing I still struggle to read on my monitor is the white lettering on the baby blue background under "forums" in picture 2.

Otherwise MAN it is way less bright than before, A+ way to go, knocked it out of the park!

I know one thing I still struggle to read on my monitor is the white lettering on the baby blue background under "forums" in picture 2.

Otherwise MAN it is way less bright than before, A+ way to go, knocked it out of the park!

I darkened that up a little bit since my screenshot to match the old forum - I think I'll still make it a little darker as the gradient can make things a bit harder to see.

I noticed. Sorry I didn't post as I was trying to avoid looking like a little bitch complaining.

Getting use to the changes. All is good in the adjusting to the new NES (I hate change) and many other posters helping out as well.

I noticed. Sorry I didn't post as I was trying to avoid looking like a little bitch complaining.

Getting use to the changes. All is good in the adjusting to the new NES (I hate change) and many other posters helping out as well.

Have you seen some of the other people complaining? There's quite a high bar at this point, lol!

I definitely appreciate feedback - please feel free to let me know if you still have any questions/comments.

I darkened that up a little bit since my screenshot to match the old forum - I think I'll still make it a little darker as the gradient can make things a bit harder to see.
Much, much better!!! The black text on white when hovering over a sub-menu item is a particularly good touch. I could certainly get along with this.

A5ED5979-87AB-4F4B-A2A1-071BE823BB16.jpeg Looking much better Shorty. Nice work. Could you darken up the origination date of the threads? They’re tough to make out. Thanks.

Sorry about the whining. New change with darker background menu bar and white lettering is an improvement. I still think shaded text areas in posts should not be far off from white to be easy on the eyes.

I agree the color scheme has improved but would suggest that the new font, on the front page at least, can be off-putting, when compared to the prior version. Mixing fonts is especially hard on the eyes.

Anybody else notice you now see OPs avatar when browsing BST threads, where in the past you saw pictures of items <mostly>?

THIS! I miss being able to scan the classifieds by the thumbnail photo, rather than having to open every damn post to see what things look like.

Also, where is the reply/ countdown? You mean I have to count my fingers to figure out how many more days until I can bump? What nonsense is that?

THIS! I miss being able to scan the classifieds by the thumbnail photo, rather than having to open every damn post to see what things look like.

It's coming back... I can only do so much each night :)

Also, where is the reply/ countdown? You mean I have to count my fingers to figure out how many more days until I can bump? What nonsense is that?

The forum will yell at you if it's too soon... no counter, but it won't let you post.

Back
Top Bottom