• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Vedder Holster Review

paracarry

NES Member
I recently purchased a Vedder LightTuck IWB Kydex holster, It was recommended on another Forum and an article I had read in a magazine. I was a bit skeptical when I ordered it, when it comes to Kydex I prefer the IWB holsters to have some type of backing to them such as Comp-Tac or Alien Gear, I figured I would try it and worse case it would go into my unused holster box, most of you should know or have one of those. I bought the holster for my Steyr 9mm. I wear it at about 4 o'clock, boy was I wrong, this thing is surprisingly comfortable, it does not dig into my side like I thought it would. Very well made and comfortable. I still prefer leather for my 1911's but for my Polymer guns this works great. So there you have my plug for Vedder holster

Last edited:
+1 for Vedder. The thickness of the leather backing and the rigidity of the kydex are perfect for IWB. No poking!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I have Vedder LightTucks for all of my guns except my LCR (they don't make the LightTuck for revolvers), and it's a great holster. The thinnest, lightest single-clip kydex holster I've seen. Very adjustable, too.

I wear it at about 4 o'clock, boy was I wrong, this thing is surprisingly comfortable, it does not dig into my side like I thought it would. Very well made and comfortable. So there you have my plug for Vedder holster

I wear my shield at 4 o'clock with Vedder LightTuck IWB and it is very comfortable.

+1, the light tuck is a great product.
I've got one for both my 229 and 226.
Comfortable, adjustable (retention, ride height, angle) and barely increases the footprint of the gun.

Just got the pocket locker for my Colt Mustang, it has the thumb tab that I think is great to assist in the draw, but it digs into my thigh a bit. I also find its a little tight on the draw and hard to remove the firearm from my pocket. The colt which is similar to the Sig 238 which I am told is almost identical to the point you can use the mag's in each. Is so small it makes a great pocket gun but I am having trouble finding a holster to keep it cocked and locked in. I may switch to an IWB but at that point I would move up to my PPS..

I am giving up on the pocket locker, the thumb tab digs in no mater what pocket I put it in and the draw is terrible. I contacted the factory and looking for an exchange to IWB.

I am giving up on the pocket locker,
Holy crap that was quick Mitch!

This looks nice from DM Bullard...

iu

Holy crap that was quick Mitch!

This looks nice from DM Bullard...

iu
Thats not much different then the current holster I have but you can get to the trigger with it still holstered. Given the gun only has the one safety not a grip, cocked and locked is a risk with the chance something can slip in ad trip the trigger. One thing the Locker did was totally seal around the trigger. But it was so tight it needed the thumb tab, but tab made the gun stick out like a double stack and dug into my leg both in large cargo pockets and good size regular pockets. I am waiting for the factory to clarify returns. This holster was 35 + 8 shipping, now I have to pay 8 to ship it back and the only other holster they have is 55 more plus I think shipping and its an IWB, which I have 9mm and 45 that I can do that with so I would be out almost $80 and wind up with a holster I really do not need. May just cut my losses and send it back and just eat the $16 as a lesson learned.

One thing the Locker did was totally seal around the trigger.
I saw that when I looked it up. It really is a "locker". Can it me modified to be more comfortable? Maybe trimming down that thumb hook?

Thought of that, I could try to heat it and fold it up to guard the safety better, or just cut and buff it. but it takes two hands to hosteler it. Makes it a hands gun, so ad to that I can keep it on an empty chamber, use the holster I have now and I still have a hands gun. Once I modify it doubt I can return it.

pocket holster.jpg Just got my holster back from the mfg. The sent me a new one with now thumb tab. Feels great and without the tab it now covers the safety making it even better. Seems like no better way than to carry this cocked and locked gun in the pocket. I also had them make the pocket grabbing hook more aggressive and it works like a charm. With a little practice you can easily disengage in from your holster while in your pocket without the tab, just in case you were getting ready for a possible threat. Wish they warned me about how the tab dug in, I cannot be the only one with the issue. So unless I learn differently about carrying a Mustang in my pocket cocked and locked with this holster, I now have a got to rig. It also totally covers the trigger. The Mfg. was totally keeping me in the loop until I got the holster back. Have to give it two thumbs up now.

Received an email from Vedder for 10% off sale 9/1 thru 9/3 but won’t work on their website. Anyone able to make it work? Emailed them but no reply as of yet. LABORDAY2018 is the code

Received an email from Vedder for 10% off sale 9/1 thru 9/3 but won’t work on their website. Anyone able to make it work? Emailed them but no reply as of yet. LABORDAY2018 is the code
They worked with me great, they do take a little time to respond, I'm sure Tuesday they will get back to you.

They already replied, telling me they’ll adjust my order to apply the discount. I didn’t think I’d hear anything because of the holiday weekend.

Thanks Vedder!

Back
Top Bottom