• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

***NES Forum Upgrade 11/18/2017***

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was an early skeptic, but love the new forum software with all of the changes made. It works great with the Safari browser on an iPhone (I do not miss Tapatalk at all). That said, I have not been able to log in with iCab Mobile, my preferred iOS browser, from the phone (only--works fine with iPad on iCab) it will not trigger the 2 factor process and then goes back to the standard home page. It's probably iCab and not xen but please consider this just a data point. I'll use Safari for NES.

Interesting, I've never heard of that browser. Let me take a look into it and see if I can figure out what's going on. Appreciate the feedback.

Got a 404 not found pop up every five seconds while I was trying to type, and then when I reloaded I got 404. A few minutes later I got through. I have pics on my cell but I'm too lazy to upload them for providing little information, but I can if you'd like.

I see.

In THIS thread, the "Upload a File" option is missing. Drag/Drop fails to work.

It is NOT missing in randomly checked other forums/threads. Not due to the resizing for screen size.

Observed on two Windows computers and Android, all on Chrome.

Can't tell if this is a feature or a bug.

I see.

In THIS thread, the "Upload a File" option is missing. Drag/Drop fails to work.

It is NOT missing in randomly checked other forums/threads. Not due to the resizing for screen size.

Observed on two Windows computers and Android, all on Chrome.

Can't tell if this is a feature or a bug.

A little bit of both?

Something went wonky with the importer in regards to permissions on this forum. Attachments should now be working here.

Got a 404 not found pop up every five seconds while I was trying to type, and then when I reloaded I got 404. A few minutes later I got through. I have pics on my cell but I'm too lazy to upload them for providing little information, but I can if you'd like.

That was me, I broke things for a little bit. If you notice it again, however, please feel free to make a post.

Oh nevermind... if I turn my phone sideways it’s there.
Code must try to declutter on the mobile side by default.

Yup! It does its best to try and get rid of unnecessary things when your screen space is limited.

We’ve come a long way since D-day of the cross over and I have to say the improvements since are night and day different and for the positive.
Good work folks!
Now just get us the full array of emotes again so we can [popcorn] threads again that’d be great!

Membership extension works well. Got an email notification, clicked through, used PayPal to extend membership for another year. This wasn't available a couple days ago.

Just got my renewal notice. The link under "here" (see below), doesn't work. Apparently it's a blank hyperlink.

upload_2017-12-7_6-9-36.png

Just got my renewal notice. The link under "here" (see below), doesn't work. Apparently it's a blank hyperlink.

View attachment 214459
It doesn't work as an e-mail link but it looks like it works from the alert message you get when you log into NES.

Unfortunately, the only payment option listed is PayPal (or a charge card processed by PayPal). Can you still mail in a check or is that option now kaput?

The new theme feels "busier" to me, but also more modern. Overall, a positive, IMHO.

I *do* miss the reputation point thing. Even though I only had a couple or three little green boxes to my name.

The one thing that I'm not loving is the main forums page that lists the various forums and the top page of each forum, there's a column on the right that lists "admins online now", "Recent classified ads", and "Members online now" -- for ME, this makes the page look/feel too narrow. I dunno... it's a small thing.

Kudos for taking on the job of the update... No change will make everyone happy.

Are you trying to search for a specific item since your last visit, or all posts since your last visit?

If the latter, you can do this by clicking here:
View attachment 214061

There will be a break denoting which threads are simply unread, versus those threads which are new from the last time you visited.
I
I"ll try the New Post thing, that will probably do it. I just want to see all the new For Sale items since last time I was on the site, saves me time of sorting through stuff I'm not interested in. Thanks a lot, larry.k

I darkened it up a bit and added the totals.

Maybe if you move it to the top right where there is nothing else, it would be easier to see. Would also make it the same as it was, and you can then see it on the top post. (This was how I would judge whether or not to read on. Sometimes I'd even have the same thread open in two tabs.)

Ah, I see. I saw one was a [?] avatar and assumed they were the user's avatars. I see now they're pics of the item.

Never mind LOL

Avatar is last resort if the user doesn't specify, attach, or link a picture in the thread (why are you selling something without a picture, people?)

I noticed that if I use Google :site search, and it produces an [archive] result with a vBulletin URL, when clicked it resolves to the NES homepage and not a Xen version of the target.
I am guessing this means that any search for a thread that might have been archived has to be done here on the site's contextual search?

That said, I really think the new site is splendid. So @Admin , @sHORTY and all those who have filed trouble shooting reports deserve a big thanks. Put your feet up, enjoy the results and curse through the Christmas season (after which I will be looking for more emoji options!).

P.S.> As you can see above I really like the @mentions feature and how it will auto-resolve a user name if you get close - I do not see a lot of people using it though, maybe I'm more of a geek than I thought. :p

I noticed that if I use Google :site search, and it produces an [archive] result with a vBulletin URL, when clicked it resolves to the NES homepage and not a Xen version of the target.
I am guessing this means that any search for a thread that might have been archived has to be done here on the site's contextual search?

That said, I really think the new site is splendid. So @Admin , @sHORTY and all those who have filed trouble shooting reports deserve a big thanks. Put your feet up, enjoy the results and curse through the Christmas season (after which I will be looking for more emoji options!).

P.S.> As you can see above I really like the @mentions feature and how it will auto-resolve a user name if you get close - I do not see a lot of people using it though, maybe I'm more of a geek than I thought. :p

Oh hmm. I forgot about the archive actually... I'll have to look into that - thank you.

The in-site search should now be MUCH better than what previously existed... give it a shot again, I welcome any feedback.

P.S. Check out the smilies... I added a few.

:emoji_apple::emoji_avocado::emoji_baby_bottle::emoji_bacon::emoji_banana::emoji_beer::emoji_beers::emoji_bento::emoji_birthday::emoji_bread::emoji_burrito::emoji_cake::emoji_candy::emoji_carrot::emoji_champagne::emoji_champagne_glass::emoji_cheese::emoji_cherries::emoji_chocolate_bar::emoji_cocktail::emoji_coffee::emoji_cookie::emoji_cooking::emoji_corn::emoji_croissant::emoji_cucumber::emoji_curry::emoji_custard::emoji_dango::emoji_doughnut::emoji_egg::emoji_eggplant::emoji_fish_cake::emoji_fork_and_knife::emoji_fork_knife_plate::emoji_french_bread::emoji_fried_shrimp::emoji_fries::emoji_grapes::emoji_green_apple::emoji_hamburger::emoji_honey_pot::emoji_hot_pepper::emoji_hotdog::emoji_ice_cream::emoji_icecream::emoji_kiwi::emoji_lemon::emoji_lollipop::emoji_meat_on_bone::emoji_melon::emoji_milk::emoji_oden::emoji_pancakes::emoji_peach::emoji_peanuts::emoji_pear::emoji_pineapple::emoji_pizza::emoji_popcorn::emoji_potato::emoji_poultry_leg::emoji_ramen::emoji_rice::emoji_rice_ball::emoji_rice_cracker::emoji_sake::emoji_salad::emoji_shallow_pan_of_food::emoji_shaved_ice::emoji_spaghetti::emoji_spoon::emoji_stew::emoji_strawberry::emoji_stuffed_flatbread::emoji_sushi::emoji_sweet_potato::emoji_taco::emoji_tangerine::emoji_tea::emoji_tomato::emoji_tropical_drink::emoji_tumbler_glass::emoji_watermelon::emoji_wine_glass:

@minininjer will be SO hungry when she finds these!

Got this fixed. Thanks for the tip!

namedpipes: the reason why we can't have nice things!

eta: when I submit my post, the page goes completely blank but it posted (hence my deleted second post, not sure if admin can see that or not)

eta2: editing post and saving changes also goes completely blank and still posts it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom