***NES Forum Upgrade 11/18/2017***

Status
Not open for further replies.
IDK man I don't see an option to reply, just says edit or report, there is no text box for a reply, it just says (please see reply restrictions that apply here)

If you cannot reply, that means you are within the bump limit (7 days).

I'm finally starting to get used to this, but I'll admit to enjoying the appearance of the old site. Colors & graphics. If there's any way to "warm" the site up a bit, it'd feel more like home. Maybe give back the "We The People" graphic, or add some golden flaming hawks. :D Just my $.02.

is there any reason why i can't post an amazon link?...shows up blank in the post and when i go to edit it the code looks like this (minus the quotes)...

Amazon product ASIN B001RMWTJA

I removed your quotes and it looks just fine to me? Edit - adblock is blocking these links. You'll need to disable your adblocker or find the specific rule that's blocking it.

upload_2017-11-22_11-35-38.png

There used to be a post count (ex: 1-20 of 79 total). I used to use this to judge whether to look at stuff, as I would wait until a bunch of replies until looking at something. Any way of getting a post count back?

Maybe it has already been asked, but, do we have the ability to Private message on this new format ?

Also, I have HTML tags surrounding my signature picture.

Maybe it has already been asked, but, do we have the ability to Private message on this new format ?

PMs are called "Conversations" with the new software. Click on someone's profile and click on "Start a Conversation".

Just had to edit it and remove them... I took care of it for you. That was a remnant of the old software.

Nice job with the update!

Is there a setting to make threads with unread posts stand out more? I can barely tell the difference in the bold fonts.

Similarly, is there a setting to reduce font size? I can read the screen (yes, browser is at 100% zoom) from the next town over.

None of the images are rendering on my ipad pro. All the threads are miss aligned. Really struggling with the formatting and finding everything.

Whelp...

Start a new conversation to someone. Go list Conversations (PM's) and see in tiny font the participants.

Click into the conversation, you can't tell who it was addressed to (until they respond). You gotta take it on faith.

I suppose if you started a convo to two recipients and only one answered, you'd lose track of the other person.

Gonna have to roll back to vbulletin, guys...

Sorry about that!

Thing I miss most is unread list that are just most recently updated threads across entire forum. Any way to get that on new nes?
Seems like the folks running the forums have this figured out already. Using Tapatalk you’re not enjoying the forum the way they want you to. So by removing that tool they will make sure you get the experience they want you to have, instead of the experience you want to have.

/This response would have taken a minute less in Tapatalk.

Thing I miss most is unread list that are just most recently updated threads across entire forum. Any way to get that on new nes?

Do you mean the "New Posts" link that is the right most item on the tool bar at the top of the page.

Also here...
https://www.northeastshooters.com/xen/find-new/posts

It is site wide and posts you have not read will have the blue dot next to them.

Someone can correct me if I am wrong.

Whelp...

Start a new conversation to someone. Go list Conversations (PM's) and see in tiny font the participants.

Click into the conversation, you can't tell who it was addressed to (until they respond). You gotta take it on faith.

Right side of the screen (or at the bottom, if you're on mobile).

upload_2017-11-22_20-40-56.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom