• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Black Friday 2017.....

Got an email from Nordic today, 16" midlength .223 wild chamber, free float barrel, the works for $299. Reg price is $750. Wish I had 300 bucks.

I'm surprised no one has protested about the name black friday, proclaiming that it is racist. We'll have to call it not in the red friday.

The link is here.
Good deal but out of stock. :(

Yes, federal law say that you may claim a safe on your taxes. I'm not making this up. It was put in place as an incentive to get people to buy a safe.
Shooty

I'd love to see a citation for this. MGL exempts them from MA sales tax, but that is the only tax break I've ever seen in print.

I'm not aware of any tax breaks on the Fed level for buying safes, so I'm sure that a lot of us would love to see a citation for this, please.

If you’re looking for a safe, worth checking out tractor supply

Link
https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/search/Safe

I’ve purchased a couple on sale before and I’m really pleased for the money.

They have a cannon 40 gun safe rated 45minutes @1200F for $550 and of course in MA no tax.

If I could sneak it passed the wife I would get another, you can never have enough gun safe space.

Harry

I believe that the 2013 Secure Firearms Act, which proposed a credit for a gun safe, died in committee.
I don't know of anything more recent except that if it's mandated for a business, it's a business deduction.

I believe that the 2013 Secure Firearms Act, which proposed a credit for a gun safe, died in committee.
I don't know of anything more recent except that if it's mandated for a business, it's a business deduction.
Is that what you believe, or just what you found on a quick and superficial google search?

Thanks.

Is that what you believe, or just what you found on a quick and superficial google search?
Thanks.

Both. I remembered being interested but didn't remember how the bill ended.
My quick and superficial search got me the name and history of the bill.

I'd love to see a citation for this. MGL exempts them from MA sales tax, but that is the only tax break I've ever seen in print.

I'm not aware of any tax breaks on the Fed level for buying safes, so I'm sure that a lot of us would love to see a citation for this, please.

I got the tax break when I bought my safe 5 or 6 years ago. Wasn't it called the safe fireams act? Anyway this crappy state lets you deduct a safe on your taxes.

Offers good through the 28th.
Nosler 25% off discount online: THANKS
Wiebad 10% off discount: THANKS17

https://www.govtrack.us/congress/bills/113/hr1883

Introduced:
May 8, 2013
113th Congress, 2013–2015

Died in a previous Congress
This bill was introduced on May 8, 2013, in a previous session of Congress, but was not enacted.

Final got into checkout, but it would not accept the code. Entering it produced the following message, "Looks like this code isn't ready yet. Please try again later."

I got it to work. Even did the skinflint thing and tried to used it again. No dice on the second time as the coupon has been applied to my acct already.

I got the tax break when I bought my safe 5 or 6 years ago. Wasn't it called the safe fireams act? Anyway this crappy state lets you deduct a safe on your taxes.
Please show me the citation for this. AFAIK, no such thing. You get to buy it without paying sales tax, but that is all.

Back
Top Bottom