Keep tabs on: NH HB1566

AN ACT prohibiting open carry of a firearm in certain public places.

http://www.gencourt.state.nh.us/bill_status/billText.aspx?sy=2018&id=1199&txtFormat=html

From the proposal, covers:

(a) A place where medical services are provided. For the purposes of this section "medical services" means any service, supply, or drug intended for the maintenance care of, or preventive care for, the human body or the care or treatment of an illness or dysfunction of, or injury to, the human body. "Medical services'' includes, but is not limited to, physician care, inpatient care, hospital surgical services, emergency services, ambulance services, laboratory services, pharmaceutical supplies, prescription drugs, and medical equipment and supplies.

(b) Any place holding a valid liquor license under RSA 178 where liquor is sold or consumed.

(c) A polling place during a federal, state, or municipal election.

(d) Houses of public worship, parish houses, church parsonages occupied by their pastors, convents, monasteries, buildings and the lands appurtenant to them which are owned, used, or occupied directly for religious training or for other religious purposes by any regularly recognized and constituted denomination, creed, or sect, organized, incorporated, or legally doing business in this state and the personal property used by them for the purposes for which they are established.

(e) Any entertainment venue which seats more than 5,000 people.

(f) Any public building. In this subparagraph, "public building" means any building, structure, or place owned or operated by the state or one of its political subdivisions, including the university system of New Hampshire and the community college system of New Hampshire.

Forgive me if this is a duplicate/already posted; I did search.

We have to slap these things down hard (if only to dishearten the loyal opposition), but with the current makeup of the state gov't, this has no chance of even making it out of the Criminal Justice and Public Safety committee.

Looks like only the one sponsor?

Yep, only one sponsor. Don't forget the senate filing period is coming up and big time anti-freedom Senator Woodburn said he was gonna file a bump stock ban bill if the house rules committee didn't allow Shurtleff's late bill (and the committee did not allow it).

It is LSR season. See also Rep. Jan Schmidt's HB1438 (allowing landlords to prohibit firearms possession) and Tim Horrigan's HB1406. I'm unclear on what Tim "I support stricter gun control laws" Horrigan is trying to achieve with House bill 1406?

He's after two things:

1. He wants to invalidate your P&RL if you move to a new town
2. He want to shorten the length of issue of the license from five years to three.

It's the first step in limiting/restricting P&RL's. The nose under the tent. They put restrictions on the license now, when it's optional but not required, and then when/if they take over State gov't, they reinstate the requirement (undo CC), and hand us back a worse situation than before.

Back
Top Bottom