Veterans Day

MJ1

I'm off to Denny's for the free Grand Slam breakfast then Applebee's for the free lunch.

Every one have a great day.

8oGJPaA.jpg

6uq3FlX.jpg

..............[smile]..............

I was broke today, and felt like shit all day because my meds are screwing me up. Would have enjoyed a free breakfast, but
don't live close to a Denny's.

Went to Cumberland Farms about an hour ago for a loaf of bread, bought a 2 dollar scratcher ticket and won $!00!

So now I am sitting at home with a fridge full of cold beers, and am going to enjoy the breakfast I didn't have this morning.

Funny, how shit works out sometimes![laugh2]

Great day. Good hard morning PT, free lunch at Texas Roadhouse, a couple cups of complimentary coffee, my kids treating me right, the Bruins at 1900, and the Wyoming game at 2215. I’m all set.

Happy day, all you fellow vets. No matter when you served, no matter whether you saw the elephant, if your service was honorable you deserve the day.

A small event yesterday morning renewed my faith in our world. Apparently I did not read the small print on the Denny's offer. It was for Friday the 10th not the 11th. The place was bedlam with family dinners and it took twenty five minutes to get seated. I went ahead and ordered the Grand Slam anyway. That took another twenty minutes just to get it on my table less the toast. So I'm out of time and had to call the wife and explain why I was late to pick her up across town. The serving person was over loaded so I just shoveled down the eggs and started to plan my exit from the stressful adventure. Now I had to get the check some how from the missing staffer. Not the most delightful breakfast. Just as I was about to just drop a $20 and the table and bolt the cashier walked up and gave me my check and told me that two ladies seated behind me had bought my meal and left a note of thanks for my service. I was in total shock and overwhelmed by this display of kindness. I don't wear any identifying gear or hat denoting my status as a veteran so it was double shocking. I look around for the Ladies but the lovely cashier said they had left. I ran for the car with a renewed feeling for my fellow man. I hope everyone's day went as well as mine in the end.

ypWOG9Q.jpg

Back
Top Bottom