• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Adding Optics to Yugo M-48

I'm trying to decide which way to go, whether having the receiver drilled and tapped or going with one of those scope mounts that replaces the rear sight. Has anyone scoped a Yugo or similar Mauser? The bolt has to be altered as well unless you use the tall see-thru rings.

Is this a nice yugo m48?
Buddy put a Badass(sp) yugo mount on his. It goes on rear sight location. It's not to bad and he's shooting very well with it. It's to high for my likes and I have more of a chin weld than a cheak weld behind it. He used a compact 3x9 scope

It's just kind of sad to drill holes in a nice rifle. Sell it and buy an out of the box Savage .308 with a scope already on it. A decent M48 would but that for you as I see them going for $650 and $700 with the issued kit.

OQesdRl.jpg

.....MJ....

It's just kind of sad to drill holes in a nice rifle. Sell it and buy an out of the box Savage .308 with a scope already on it. A decent M48 would but that for you as I see them going for $650 and $700 with the issued kit.

OQesdRl.jpg

.....MJ....

this or get the no drill kit that goes in the rear sight housing. Also can find one all sported up already for short money

I have a nice Yugo M98 , "almost" all matching #'s (wrong firing pin), and picked it up for $275 about 6 years ago. Unfortunately the stock was relieved to allow a clamp on type scope mount. I ended up drilling and tapping the receiver for a custom "dual stack" Leupold mount. Be carefull the recievers are very hard drilling is not so bad but tapping is a REAL PIA.

Back
Top Bottom