Meet the newest little Milsurp in the family

majspud

NES Life Member
NES Member
And I mean small; about 2.75 pounds worth of a male Black Angora rabbit. Two months after we lost Bun-San (new Avatar), it was time for another male for the three girls.

He looks like a dust bunny right now. I trimmed his bangs so he could see - they were down to his nose. The girls are all over him, literally. At times I had a pet gate across the bathroom door to give him a break, and the girls would take turns outside the gate watching him. The littlest, at only three pounds, actually grabbed the gate in her mouth and ripped it out of the wall to get at him.

Things are much more sedate today. After initial "reintroductions" where he gave as good as he got, he's been hopping around the office taking in the sights, and the girls have calmed down.

He will grow up to nine pounds. I hope the vet has timed it right for his neutering around Christmas, or else I will have a large amount of little MilSurps hopping around here.

His full name is "Arnold Tribble-San" (Mr. Arnold Tribble). 'Arnold' from Ginny's Pygmy Puff in Harry Potter, and 'Tribble' I hope is self-explanatory. He already has the nickname "Mr. T".

Last edited:
Cute, and congrats! Make sure he learns to chew holes in the X-ring like Bun-san did/

Kinda also looks like that Star Trek creature that dissolved people in acid that Dr. McCoy healed with a cement patch. What was that thing called?

t

Kinda also looks like that Star Trek creature that dissolved people in acid that Dr. McCoy healed with a cement patch. What was that thing called?

t

"Dammit, Jim! I'm a Doctor, not a brick layer!"

What was that thing called...

- - - Updated - - -

Horta:

http://memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/The_Devil_in_the_Dark_(episode)

That was a Horta,and no your Bunny looks more like a tribbles.

Last edited:
Me and Mr. T this morning. Happy Daylight Savings; hope you enjoyed the extra hour's sleep.

t

Attachments

• IMG_3863.jpg
    IMG_3863.jpg
    138.9 KB · Views: 37
So Cute! Now you just have to train it right...

attachment.php

Attachments

• bunny.jpg
    bunny.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 248
Angoras can grow to about 9 pounds; he's 2.75 now. My others are 3, 4.75 and 6 pounds. They share a carrot or some lettuce in the morning, and have access to kibble and water. Took some experimenting to find the right kibble. They like the kind with little treats mixed in. If they didn't like it, they'd kick the dish over. They also get special rabbit treats; yogurt drops, honey crunch bars, Timothy cubes, etc. At night they get something special like a few raisins or a candy corn.

T

Three days now, and he is freely circulating in the office and eating and socializing with the others. Today he is using the big bunny-box. He also drinks and eats from the big-bunny bowls.

t

Attachments

• IMG_3865.jpg
    IMG_3865.jpg
    171.7 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_3868.jpg
    IMG_3868.jpg
    253.3 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_3870.jpg
    IMG_3870.jpg
    191.1 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_3871.jpg
    IMG_3871.jpg
    192.8 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:
Found out yesterday that he is a FRENCH Angora rabbit, and he can grow up to 10.5 pounds. Thinking a name change is in order...The Three Musketeers came to mind...how about Athos? Still have to call him Tribble on the side. He's getting along well with the others. Trying to bond with him my picking him up twice a gay and grooming the little furball.

t

Attachments

• IMG_3861.jpg
    IMG_3861.jpg
    148.8 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_3863.jpg
    IMG_3863.jpg
    138.9 KB · Views: 12
Found out yesterday that he is a FRENCH Angora rabbit, and he can grow up to 10.5 pounds. Thinking a name change is in order...The Three Musketeers came to mind...how about Athos? Still have to call him Tribble on the side. He's getting along well with the others. Trying to bond with him my picking him up twice a gay and grooming the little furball.

t
That's a good choice.
Chauchat or Lebel might work for a rabbit.
There's always Joffre (kind of looks like he's got a fluffy moustache), and it's just fun to say in the French style:
joffre.PNG

In French class we had to pick a French name. Most chose equivalents to theirs but mine was boring so I took Jean-Philippe and Guillaume alternatively.

In Latin, naturally, I chose Scipio. [smile]
Joseph_Joffre

We spent the whole second half together watching the Patriots game. He was on my chest over an hour; very sedate little bunny. I think he actually enjoyed the game. Here's a Bun-Selfie of us, with the obligatory bunny ears.

t

IMG_4023.jpg
IMG_4020.jpg

Well, he went to the Vet yesterday and has his "kibbles and bits" removed. Came home in a "cone of shame" to keep him from worrying the incision. I had to bring him back that night as the vet called - they left the catheter in. I asked the Dr. if she still had her watch. They also neglected to tell me that I had to cage him to keep his activity level low and keep the other bunnies away from him. Of course, I had a cage, but no longer had a feed bowl and hay rick. I had to get special bedding. Salvaged a few parts from another cage.

This morning I found he had pulled a Houdini maneuver and ditched his cone. Maybe I should call him Houdini - has a nice ring to it.

t

Attachments

• 53625333059__855C78CA-B7CA-4CDD-8D4E-D444D1AAA545.jpg
    53625333059__855C78CA-B7CA-4CDD-8D4E-D444D1AAA545.jpg
    180.3 KB · Views: 19
Since I'm allergic to cats, and rabbits are worse for that than cats, I'm sneezing just looking at the pictures. But they do look tasty :)

Came up to my office this AM and found T-Bun dead. Always such a weird feeling to find them like that; you know immediately that they're not sleeping. He wasn't even 10 months old yet.

RIP fluff-ball. Pic is the two of us watching the Patriots last November er.

t
IMG_4023.jpg

Last edited:
Mr. T, T-Bun, Tribble-San, Athos...too young to have settled on a name...but T-Bun was the most common. He had a short, fun life. A father at 3 months old...and he still had 15% baby fur.

t
IMG_4003.jpg

God, this has been a rough week and a bit. Zoe died an hour and a half after this picture was taken. She was never a snuggle bunny, but had been listless and indifferent since T-Bun died and was allowing us to hold her for long periods. We think she had died of a broken heart. Two and a half years old. She lost three playmates in 9 months; Bun-San in 9/17, Nala and 6 baby bunnies in 1/18, and T-Bun Friday.:(

t

Attachments

• IMG_1689.jpg
    IMG_1689.jpg
    170.5 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
In light of losing 2 rabbits in 3 days, we took the other 2 to pick the vet. Both LiLo and Mini are in great shape and both have put on weight. LiLo is now 4lb/1oz and Mini 14lb/8oz; three ounces for LiLo and 1 full pound up for Mini. We'll let things be for the summer, and may get them a boyfriend this fall.

Plymouth house is totally cleaned out; we close tomorrow. Just a small dump run to do

t

Attachments

• IMG_4811.JPG
    IMG_4811.JPG
    159.9 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom