• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

DOD EMP Drill Nov. 4-6, 2017??

Surely antifag will not beat and kill folks who they target as the enemy, all the while donning black and hiding faces with masks.

There's not much out there, but the ARRL has a little blurb about it.

The published premise is a massive solar CME takes out the power grid and all "traditional" forms of communications.
Army and Air Force MARS organizations will work in conjunction with the Amateur Radio community, primarily on the 60-meter interoperability channels as well as on HF NVIS frequencies and local VHF and UHF, non-Internet linked Amateur Radio repeaters.

Again this year, a military station on the east coast and the Fort Huachuca, Arizona, HF station will conduct a high-power broadcast on 60-meter channel 1 (5330.5 kHz) on Saturday from 0300 to 0315 UTC. New this year will be an informational broadcast on Sunday, on 13,483.5 kHz USB from 1600 to 1615 UTC.
So I guess I'll listen in on 60meters-ch1 and 13,483.5 a little this weekend.

There's not much out there, but the ARRL has a little blurb about it.

The published premise is a massive solar CME takes out the power grid and all "traditional" forms of communications.

So I guess I'll listen in on 60meters-ch1 and 13,483.5 a little this weekend.

Thanks...when I looked I didn't see anything on the ARRL site.

I was hoping to listen in in the "local repeater" stuff. I think I have a receiver that might pick up those other frq's though.

Guys, this is really just a COMEX for MARS. Nothing more, nothing less.

If you want to participate, go listen and check-in on the 60m Channel 1 on Saturday evening at 11pm EST. You will also hear MARS operators (who are also HAMs) on local repeaters asking for county status reports. Feel free to reply. Don't make shit up...just give your location and status of power, sanitation, hospitals, etc when asked. This gets sent back up the line to MARS HQ which is then propagated to the DoD. All a test to see how well the interop between MARS and the military works.

Guys, this is really just a COMEX for MARS. Nothing more, nothing less.

If you want to participate, go listen and check-in on the 60m Channel 1 on Saturday evening at 11pm EST. You will also hear MARS operators (who are also HAMs) on local repeaters asking for county status reports. Feel free to reply. Don't make shit up...just give your location and status of power, sanitation, hospitals, etc when asked. This gets sent back up the line to MARS HQ which is then propagated to the DoD. All a test to see how well the interop between MARS and the military works.

I never said that it was anything else. My asking if it was BS is because of all the [tinfoil] BS I was seeing about it. I looked on the ARRL site but didn't see anything, so asked here. Thanks to cockpitbob, I now know what to try to listen in on as I don't have anything that tx's on those frq's but I do have a shortwave receiver.

I never said that it was anything else. My asking if it was BS is because of all the [tinfoil] BS I was seeing about it. I looked on the ARRL site but didn't see anything, so asked here. Thanks to cockpitbob, I now know what to try to listen in on as I don't have anything that tx's on those frq's but I do have a shortwave receiver.

Ah...sorry if I came off a bit dickish. Just tired of all of the conspiracy theory shit on NES. Did you listen in on 60m. It was pretty crowded on Saturday night. Lots of check-ins from region 1 and 2 that I could hear.

Gotta wonder why they keep letting the operator of AAM3 work this event. Second year in a row I heard her. She kept making mistakes and screwed up the date of the rebroadcast. She kept saying the rebroadcast was going to be on OCT 5...instead of NOV 5. Oh well.

Ah...sorry if I came off a bit dickish. Just tired of all of the conspiracy theory shit on NES. Did you listen in on 60m. It was pretty crowded on Saturday night. Lots of check-ins from region 1 and 2 that I could hear.

Gotta wonder why they keep letting the operator of AAM3 work this event. Second year in a row I heard her. She kept making mistakes and screwed up the date of the rebroadcast. She kept saying the rebroadcast was going to be on OCT 5...instead of NOV 5. Oh well.

I don't know if others thought you sounded "dickish" but I kind of took it that way. Apology accepted and the same goes for me if I sounded dickish in my reply. [wink]

If I had been asking because of [tinfoil] type shit, I would have put my Q in the Survival sub-forum and not in HAM...lol
I wasn't able to listen to the 60M as my receiver doesn't cover that band....oh well. Also, I didn't bother to try and hunt down the local repeaters that may have been doing it on 2M.
One of these days I'll get some better radios...but for now, I'll just suffer without...lol.

I don't know if others thought you sounded "dickish" but I kind of took it that way. Apology accepted and the same goes for me if I sounded dickish in my reply. [wink]

If I had been asking because of [tinfoil] type shit, I would have put my Q in the Survival sub-forum and not in HAM...lol
I wasn't able to listen to the 60M as my receiver doesn't cover that band....oh well. Also, I didn't bother to try and hunt down the local repeaters that may have been doing it on 2M.
One of these days I'll get some better radios...but for now, I'll just suffer without...lol.

I know some of the ARES nets that were going on over the weekend were checking in with some of the MARS operators, but I didn't hear too much there either. I'm going to have to suspend my MARS participation. Stuff going on at work and home are a major time suck right now and I just can't dedicate enough time to get the procedures down to the level I'm happy with. Maybe when stuff settles down, I can revisit it.

What rig do you run for receiving?

What rig do you run for receiving?

I wouldn't exactly call it a "rig" but I have one of these (not the red one but good ole black & silver...lol) for listening in on some 'shortwave' stuff.

I've also got a Kenwood TM281A, a little Baofeng UV5R HT and another little HT that's very similar to the Baofeng but I think has an extra watt or two more power.

Back
Top Bottom