• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

VTers target deer decoy

It reads like a scene out of Super Troopers

"Carl Sanborn, 47, and his son Jonathan Sanborn, 20, both Barnet, were arrested after they allegedly shot with a bow and arrow at a deer decoy. The vehicle, a convertible driven by a juvenile, aged 16, then led wardens on a high-speed pursuit."

2740ddd4766f78a9cfa064a6aeedc7e8.jpg
a035c3a3642053a7103fd38593386b48.jpg

Idiots

But....am I the only one wundrin if he hit the decoy while shooting from the convertible!

24 F&W crimes since the 90s and he may lose his license for 3 years. It must be like 26 strikes and you're out!!??

Yes I wondered how many arrows they stuck into the robo deer until they figured it out. If I were a warden watching id give them time to keep shooting - just for the laughs.

Years ago the club I was a member of donated a full size deer mount of six point to DEC to use like this. Quickly looked moth eaten from taking hits. Courts eventually held that shooting a stuffed target at night was not shooting a deer and perps plead not guilty and got off on most charges. Not sure if that law was fixed.

Years ago the club I was a member of donated a full size deer mount of six point to DEC to use like this. Quickly looked moth eaten from taking hits. Courts eventually held that shooting a stuffed target at night was not shooting a deer and perps plead not guilty and got off on most charges. Not sure if that law was fixed.

I see vids of deer decoy stings on many fish and game sites. So....I'm pretty sure they are good to go with charging people. The VT case above looks like they charged him with taking of big game by illegal method......but.....remember......the charge of "shooting from the roadway" does not only stick if your shooting at a deer or animal. You could be shooting at a tree and be guilty of shooting from the road.

Last edited:
I'm real good friends with a neighbor of theirs. He says this latest act of dumbassery doesn't surprise him one bit.

I'd say not with the guy having 24 F&W convictions, the guy is a habitual offender. Why he's not warming a mattress in a cell is beyond me.

Back
Top Bottom