• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Peterson Cartridge

Ranger007

NES Member
Curious what the general conensus is for those who have tried Peterson compared to others like Lapua and other “quality” brass? Peterson produces what they call “Fat Neck” on some of thier caliber offerings like 6.5 CM. They claim a more uniform and consistency on neck thickness when turning.

https://www.petersoncartridge.com/

If their brass is as good as lapua it's priced decent.
Under .50¢ a case shipped. Lapua runs .80¢ plus

I think having a slightly thicker neck will help those who trim necks for thickness.
They also offer the small rifle primer brass ? Don't really know the advantage to this but it seems some long distance shooters like it.

Better ignition and more consistent powder burn is the claim.

I took the plunge and ordered some 6.5 CM Fat Necks along with some SR and some .308 Palmas.

I think having a slightly thicker neck will help those who trim necks for thickness.
They also offer the small rifle primer brass ? Don't really know the advantage to this but it seems some long distance shooters like it.

Picked up my first 6.5 CM rifle yesterday and plan to reload. Subbed for review of the brass. What bullets are you using? Powder? Seems H4350 is popular.

I’ve tried quite a few but currently running Berger 130 AR Hybrids.

BTW, Where are you getting them?
I wanted to try the Berger 130 targets

Enjoy your 6.5. CM slap shot.

Thanks, first range trip Saturday gave me 1-1 and a half inch groups @100yds with 3 different types of ammo. I wanted to try with the 3-9x Weaver it came with but I have a much nicer Swift 4-12x that i think will help. Have to qualify for 300 at my range so think i could do that today.

Last edited:
PM inbound slap shot.
Hope those groups shrink for you. Enjoy that swift too.
BTW, Where are you getting them?
I wanted to try the Berger 130 targets

Thanks, first range trip Saturday gave me 1-1 and a half inch groups @100yds with 3 different types of ammo. I wanted to try with the 3-9x Weaver it came with but I have a much nicer Swift 4-12x that i think will help. Have to qualify for 300 at my range so think i could do that today.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom