LTC issue date

A friend of mine just recieved his LTC A renewal without restrictions with an issue date of Nov 23 2017.

He is under the impression the LTC is not valid until that date and he will continue to fall under the restrictions of his current LTC (Target and Hunting)

Seems legit I guess, shady but legit.

Is his birthday november 23rd? The old one expires on his birthday so the new one will have an issue date of his birthday. No overlap that way.

Ok, i just picked up my LTC, this is the first time it has come in this quickly. My DOB isnt till Dec 22.
So do i carry the old one until then and swap in Dec?
What about the PIN, new card, new PIN. What PIN do i use if i purchase something next week?

BTW, My first purchase in VT was an eye opener. Showed ID, filled out a 4473, NICS call and done. No PIN, no efa10, no BS........

When I had my renewal license prior to its "issue" date, I completed transactions with my currently-in-force (old but not yet expired) LTC. If you look at your licenses, only one will be active, use that and the associated pin. For science you should try to buy two things (one on each license) on the day one expires and the other is "issued" and report back, I didn't think to try that.

Regarding status:

Go to the gun portal and go to check validation.

The old one should still work on the old pin.

I think the new one will begin to work on the Date of Issue with the new pin.

Use the old one till then.

Not sure about the restrictions upgrade or when it goes into effect.

You could always carry both and show the new one that does not have restrictions.

IANAL.

Back
Top Bottom