Overpriced 03-A3's

Is it me or is $1200+ overpriced for an 03-A3! Everyone's favorite overpriced vendor just sent an e-mail on them available Friday....... [rolleyes]

Yeah it seemed high to me. At that price it better be mint and all matching parts etc.

I paid $825 for my Remington A3 last year and it's in great shape and stock has all the correct cartouches, no refinished parts etc. I'm pretty sure all parts are matching as well. Got a good deal on it according to the milsurp experts here on NES.

https://www.northeastshooters.com/vbulletin/threads/309725-My-Remington-1903A3!

Last edited:
from what I have seen out of this vendor your paying 1200 for a field grade. 03a3s have gone up in price a good amount but you can still find nice shooters for under $1000

Is that hand select,and they don't think they are going to get anymore?[laugh]

Buy the rifle not the story.

Last year a listed one of mine a 1943 03A3 with a scant stock and it went in and hour but I had twenty emails and PM's. I still get holiday cards from them buyer. I think I went with a cheap price but not to shy of your price point mentioned above.

Front rifle

X2rKr5X.jpg

Good shopping.

I let mine go for $1000 this year, but it was perfect and came with 1944 dated sling and canvas muzzle cover, as well as a full buttstock kit.

t

Last edited:
Is that hand select,and they don't think they are going to get anymore?[laugh]

WE THOUGHT WE HAD SEEN THE LAST OF EM, BUT ANOTHER SMALL BATCH WAS FOUND. WE DONT EXPECT TO SEE ANY MORE OF THESE EVA. (until 3 months from now)

I've was fielding options for sourcing out a A4 clone to shoot in my club's Vintage Sniper matches. I too saw a few 03a3's up at S/O and both were decent but $1100 and $1200 ea. Too much for the current market IMO. By the time I spent the $1100, then spent another $680 to retrofit / bubba the M82 optics, now i'm into an 03A4 for upwards of $1800 and I would have major de-valued a potential 03a3 collectible. I was able to score a new Rock Ridge 03A4 clone for $1499. Very solid 2 moa shooter with my 168 gr handloads and my amateur marksmanship skills.

I've was fielding options for sourcing out a A4 clone to shoot in my club's Vintage Sniper matches. I too saw a few 03a3's up at S/O and both were decent but $1100 and $1200 ea. Too much for the current market IMO. By the time I spent the $1100, then spent another $680 to retrofit / bubba the M82 optics, now i'm into an 03A4 for upwards of $1800 and I would have major de-valued a potential 03a3 collectible. I was able to score a new Rock Ridge 03A4 clone for $1499. Very solid 2 moa shooter with my 168 gr handloads and my amateur marksmanship skills.

My rock ridge has been great. With out much effort I'm,getting close to MOA. My skills hold me back.

Good gosh Gertie.... and I can remember when a nice 03A3 was 125$ and I thought THAT was expensive.

i can remember going to kittery yearly on camping trips with my dad and picking up the surplus stuff in the beater rack.
My dad would say.....what do you want with that worn out military crap. Figures one of the things i listen to him for years !

Back
Top Bottom