• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Greg Derr

wahsben

NES Life Member
NES Member
Congratulations to Greg Derr on some very fine shooting. This excerpt is from his Derr Precison facebook page:

Hi - Kathleen Leahy White here (aka DP Office Manager or the 'boss') sharing my post: Congratulations to the #1 Pistol Shooter in Massachusetts (again) - Greg shot 881 / 900 with 50x. If you are unfamiliar with target scoring...this is jaw dropping good! So very proud!!

I was going to start a thread - Just returned from lunch to find yours.

FB Scrapings:

attachment.php

Attachments

• gregderr.jpg
    gregderr.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 523
I just saw that on FB as well
Congrats to Greg! I'm not familiar with the scoring system used here but I assume that was pretty awesome shooting.
helluva nice guy to boot! he's done some great work for me on my M&P triggers

Last edited:
I just saw that on FB as well
Congrats to Greg! I'm not familiar with the scoring system used here but I assume that was pretty awesome shooting.

90 shots

slow fire 10 min 10shots
slow fire 10 min 10 shots

(national match course)
timed fire 2 strings of 5 @ 20 sec
rapid fire 2 strings of 5 @ 10 sec

targets @ 25 yards

90 shots

slow fire 10 min 10shots

(national match course)

targets @ 25 yards

One hand

Good for him. I made a simple inquiry into his services once years ago and the guy treated me like a king. His gunsmithing handiwork looks awesome, too.

this is the best part about shooting bullseye on the south shore, 3 times a year you get to shoot against Marshfield, so not only do you get to either shoot on a line with Greg, watch him shoot a line, or he calls a line for you. PLUS you get to talk to him and pick his brain for even one hint. since I shoot left handed, he just tell me to shoot right handed and my problems will be solved..!!!!

- - - Updated - - -

or if you wanted to be simple about it: (881/900)*100=97.89

also, over 90 shots, this means only 19 were in the 9 ring, or let say a stray 8 ring, but I doubt it....

I think Greg was shooting very well before he started building great guns. So now he shoots very well and builds great guns what a great combination.

Good job greg.

I have had Greg do small projects for me and has always delivered. My stuff is not high end either!

Greg's a helluva nice guy, too.

Yes he is! I'm having him replace some parts and add some things on an S&W 1911 of mine and he took the time to go over everything with me and he showed me some of his work! It was a pleasure to meet Greg in person and to get to spend some time with him.

Congrats Greg! He did an awesome trigger job for me for which my skills are not worthy :)

Congrats Greg! He did an awesome trigger job for me for which my skills are not worthy :)

I need to get my Dan Wesson revolver to him for a trigger job. Did a great job on my GP100 years ago.

Back
Top Bottom