• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Posted at the WMA entrance. Oh boy

Aren't there laws against hunter harrassment?

Obviously Sophia had a little help. Unless she lives next door, someone(s) had to drive her there and help staple up her note. Said parent(s) should be brought up on charges.

Aren't there laws against hunter harrassment?

Obviously Sophia had a little help. Unless she lives next door, someone(s) had to drive her there and help staple up her note. Said parent(s) should be brought up on charges.

This one is borderline. Not sure any hunters were harassed because the law from how I read it had to take place during the act of lawfully taking game. Not sure a posted sign 3 feet off the road at the entrance to a WMA would qualify.

That's my honest answer.

I believe I was actually harassed Columbus day weekend in zone 9 while squirrel hunting. A guy actually followed me into the woods on a WMA and asked me what i was hunting because nothing was "open". He was assuming I was hunting pheasant and obviously didn't know squirrel opens just after labor day in zones 1-9. But he was following me deep off the trail.....which is both dumb for safety reasons and also specifically spelled out in hunter harassment law that you can't follow a hunter.

I'm finding the more I hunt these days the more I see the anti rearing it's ugly head.

This one is borderline. Not sure any hunters were harassed because the law from how I read it had to take place during the act of lawfully taking game. Not sure a posted sign 3 feet off the road at the entrance to a WMA would qualify.

That's my honest answer.

I believe I was actually harassed Columbus day weekend in zone 9 while squirrel hunting. A guy actually followed me into the woods on a WMA and asked me what i was hunting because nothing was "open". He was assuming I was hunting pheasant and obviously didn't know squirrel opens just after labor day in zones 1-9. But he was following me deep off the trail.....which is both dumb for safety reasons and also specifically spelled out in hunter harassment law that you can't follow a hunter.

I'm finding the more I hunt these days the more I see the anti rearing it's ugly head.

Next time bring an Etool and bury him.[wink]

That's my honest answer.

Next time ask him if he has read the abstract and if not then to leave you alone until he educated himself.

Not sure if related but made me think wtf? Following was spray painted on the access road to Andover in front of the gate.

"WE NEED MORE FOREST FIRES"

Could mean anything I guess or could just be drunk kids and mean nothing much at all.

Next time ask him if he has read the abstract and if not then to leave you alone until he educated himself.

I offered to show him the abstract I have downloaded on my phone. He just hurried off.

Unfortunately, we as hunters have to deal with these types of anti hunters. In defense of Sophia, I agree with Mister Happy. Perhaps she said something to her parents and they appeased her by telling her to make a sign and took her to put it up. Is it really that bad. I'd rather read a sign like that and just walk right past it than face a load of douces screaming at me about killing the poor animals. Yes, her parents are probably anti-hunting also, and yes, they helped her, but I don't think we can expect any "anti" to explain the real benefits of hunting to anyone, nevermind their own kid. It's getting worse. I actually had a guy walk under my stand with a big black and big brown GOAT with him, both loose. Now that brown goat looked just like a deer and while he was directly under my tree, he stopped, looked up, and sarcastically said "sorry". I use a climber and go up about 25-30' so this guy is just walking around and looking up for hunters and hoping to piss someone off. I politely said "no problem, but you better take your goats home as someone could easily mistake your goat for a deer and because you don't have them on a leash, and in XXXXXXXX there's a leash law, the EP won't find the hunter at fault". He continued walking and I haven't seen him since.

^Dude goes walking out in the woods looking for a little three some and you threaten his dates... he could have brought charges against you. [shocked]

Unfortunately, we as hunters have to deal with these types of anti hunters. In defense of Sophia, I agree with Mister Happy. Perhaps she said something to her parents and they appeased her by telling her to make a sign and took her to put it up. Is it really that bad. I'd rather read a sign like that and just walk right past it than face a load of douces screaming at me about killing the poor animals. Yes, her parents are probably anti-hunting also, and yes, they helped her, but I don't think we can expect any "anti" to explain the real benefits of hunting to anyone, nevermind their own kid. It's getting worse. I actually had a guy walk under my stand with a big black and big brown GOAT with him, both loose. Now that brown goat looked just like a deer and while he was directly under my tree, he stopped, looked up, and sarcastically said "sorry". I use a climber and go up about 25-30' so this guy is just walking around and looking up for hunters and hoping to piss someone off. I politely said "no problem, but you better take your goats home as someone could easily mistake your goat for a deer and because you don't have them on a leash, and in XXXXXXXX there's a leash law, the EP won't find the hunter at fault". He continued walking and I haven't seen him since.

Jesus Christ, people really have nothing better to do that to go into the woods and piss off hunters? Like I get that annoying Cambridge/city anti's would give you crap if
they knew you hunted, but they follow you into the woods? They actually know what woods are?

I get what you are saying. But....I think the reply was more of a "chippy" response to the parents. Just my thought.

Back
Top Bottom