• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Tactical Vest Options?

union

NES Member
I know there are a million different options out there. Not sure I'm up to wading through the entire tactical gear thread and its 90+ pages. It would probably confuse me more then help anyway. The pages I have read through already did that.

I have a tactical shotgun class coming up in a couple of weeks so I would like to get something for it. So that bring me here looking for some opinions about what to get for my first.

I haven't been able to find a place to try any on. There is one place closish that look like they have some. That is Surplus provisions in Cranston RI. I just found out about it and haven't made it there yet. As I sit here the two that are currently in the lead are the 5.11 VTAC LBE Tactical vest and the 5.11 Tactec Plate carrier. I'm leaning to the vest only because it's cheaper. I do have a couple of 5.11 pieces and I have been happy with them.

I want it to be molle compatible. I want an open design so I can decided where to put my stuff. I'm not afraid to spend money on something that is truly better but in the same aspect I don't want to break the bank. If there is a place within a reasonable distance from Blackstone MA (an hour or so) and preferably not in the city where I could try stuff on that would be better.

Back
Top Bottom