• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Tuckable IWB holsters

anyone have a recommendation for one? G33 needs a new home. It is either find an IWB that has the extra bends in the clip to make it so it still attaches to my belt with a shirt tucked in OR make a custom clip for my Don Hume holster.....

I've been using a Crossbreed Supertuck (http://www.crossbreedholsters.com/beltslide.html) for a few months and am pretty happy with it. While I routinely wear my shirt out over it, I've worn it many times tucked with polo shirts and dress shirts, both to the office and out to dinner with a full-size M&P 40 and not had any concerns.

It could use a more discreet clip than their Quickclip, it sticks down a lot below the belt. I tried the J-hooks but they pulled my pants down behind the belt too much. I've been in correspondence with them and they say they are going to have a different clip, but no sign of it yet.

I'm considering putting Velcro on my belt and trying Vecro clips completely behind the belt; anyone tried that?

Galco's U.S.A., U.D.C., and SkyOps. But, I can only personally vouch for the U.S.A. Very nice little holster.
BTW, if you wouldn't mind, once you do decide on a holster, if you could post up to keep us informed I'd really appreciate it; I'm always looking out for success or failure with IWB's. But, if not I completely understand.
Good luck.

Well since we are discussing IWB holsters I will give a little review of 2 I have recently picked up. FYI I carry a Sig P220 Full Size behind the hip.

Both are Don Hume

First the PCCH

PROS: Easy to put on and take off as the belt loops have snaps. It holds the gun quite firmly.

CONS: The holster is sloppy on my hip. I get the feeling that it could shift unexpectedly and cause the butt end of the grip to print badly. The problem is that the belt loops require a belt wider than I am comfortable wearing. When drawing it does try to shift and if I don't draw at the proper angle it shifts and the gun binds in the holster. Perhaps with some more break in this won't be an issue. It's only available in saddle brown and doesn't "hide" as well as black.

OVERALL: I don't see myself using this holster with any regularity.

Now the H715M-WC

PROS - Very comfortable and stable. Very strong clip holds it firmly in place. After a couple days of break in it draws very cleanly. I put strips of painters tape on the slide of my gun to widen it for break in. The black clip against a black belt is hard to spot if my shirt were to ride up above my belt.

CONS - Much more difficult to put on than the PCCH. Taking it off isn't bad but on is tough. Have to pull the clip away from the holster slightly to get my belt and waistband into the clip. Easiest to take the pants off and clip the empty holster on and put the pants back on. I am afraid that it won't take long before the metal fatigues from me pulling on it and it's grip on my belt will loosen. So far it isn't collapsing when the gun is out, easing holstering, but I suspect it eventually will.

OVERALL - If the clip holds up I will be very happy with this holster for along time.

If you want kydex get a Comp-Tac CTAC.

If you want leather, get a K&D Cochise Defender. Tucker leather IWBs do not have a mouth reinforcement and that is a must-have for me.

If you want leather and kydex get a Comp-Tac Minotaur. Tucker's Answer is the same solution but take a hell of a lot longer to get.

Avoid the Crossbreed Supertuck. I do not recommend it based on personal experience.

Here are my K&D Holsters Cochise Defenders:
bEpOuuF0+oaKBUx9GYMd-qK6pzbjE-Hj0300.jpg

Here's my Comp-Tac CTAC:
bdC3I+tBVmklcTYSk7G5Z-+d8qJuZWQo0300.jpg

I just received a K&D Dakota Defender for my M&P 9c and while it's a nice holster and a good value, I don't like it as much as the Milt Sparks Versa Max 2 I have for my P99c. I have the kydex clips for the VM2 but I have never tried using it as a tuckable - only as a plain IWB.

dakota-defender-1-bg-s.jpg

I find the long kydex clips/hangers for the K&D to be nice for adjustment, but the kydex overhanging the holster digs into my leg. I guess I could trim it but I need to wear it a while before I commit to trimming it and losing some adjustability for an extra-deep carry. The opening on the K&D is asymmetric to the center line of the gun, such that the front sight is scratching up the left side of the interior of the holster after just a few draws and re-holsterings. The front sight on my Walther lines right up with the inside-outside seam of the VM2 holster pocket.

The K&D is nice, but tomorrow I'm going to order a VM2 for a Walther PPS. Hopefully I'll have both holster and firearm by the end of this year.

VM-2_large.jpg

Last edited:
FYI I carry a Sig P220 Full Size behind the hip.

Wow! That is one big heavy handgun to be using as a CCW. Not meant in a bad way if it works for you though.

As to the OP, I've used a tuckable C-TAC to carry my Glock 26 and a Kahr PM9. They seemed to work pretty good.

I find the long kydex clips/hangers for the K&D to be nice for adjustment, but the kydex overhanging the holster digs into my leg. I guess I could trim it but I need to wear it a while before I commit to trimming it and losing some adjustability for an extra-deep carry.

See how long the clips are on my Cochise Defenders? I trimmed them up after I set them to my liking. No more pain.

I don't use them as tuckables anyway, so when I ordered my third Cochise Defender (for my M&P) I asked Kevin to put on it conventional leather straps. I will probably ask him to do the same to the two I already have if the wait is not too long.

Just purchased a Comp-tac CATC holster for my Glock19...I'm hoping it'll solve my concealment problem at work. My current IWB holster is very basic, clip and go. If I have a large shirt or sweatshirt it does the trick, but for formal wear, it doesn't do much of anything. I needed something I could tuck as well. Hopefully it lives up to its rep, if so I'll be getting one for my revolver and SIGp229 as well.

Just purchased a Comp-tac CATC holster for my Glock19...I'm hoping it'll solve my concealment problem at work. My current IWB holster is very basic, clip and go. If I have a large shirt or sweatshirt it does the trick, but for formal wear, it doesn't do much of anything. I needed something I could tuck as well. Hopefully it lives up to its rep, if so I'll be getting one for my revolver and SIGp229 as well.

Do you have a good belt to go with it? The belt is at least 50% of good concealment, believe it or not. A crappy belt makes for a crappy conceal.

I got my M&P9 CTAC today, three days after ordering. I wore it all day long and was hugely impressed with its comfort. My only CTAC so far is for a J frame and this one is more accomodating.

The CTAC will serve me well until my M&P Cochise Defender comes in five months or so.

Back
Top Bottom