Bushwick

Anybody catch this movie? i was skeptical at first, but it turned out not to be too bad. it's on Amazon, 6.99 is a bit pricey for a rental, you can buy it in standard def for the same price. or you can view it via other means...

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4720702/

plot in a nutshell: there's an invasion of NY by opposing forces (Texas, among others) in a new Civil War, these forces have gone insurgent in the hopes of forcing congress to ratify their secession. Violence ensues, things look like Ukraine towards the end

Watch for the long, following camera shots from near ground level, with very few cuts. It made you feel as if you were following along, moving street to street.

Last edited:
Well, that's on my watch list now for sure.

Texas (et. al.) does win, right? And the commies in Brooklyn are as inept in defending themselves as we'd expect???

Well, that's on my watch list now for sure.

Texas (et. al.) does win, right? And the commies in Brooklyn are as inept in defending themselves as we'd expect???

sadly, they dont show the end of the war....just the start.
I dont want to spoil too much but everybody brings out their guns to play...a lot more guns than you'd expect for a NY neighborhood. Although in real life I suppose there are plenty of people there who have one or two squirreled away.

sadly, they dont show the end of the war....just the start.
I dont want to spoil too much but everybody brings out their guns to play...a lot more guns than you'd expect for a NY neighborhood. Although in real life I suppose there are plenty of people there who have one or two squirreled away.

Lived in Prospect Heights/Park Slope for a while... not surprised at all.

As usual, only the law abiding folks bother abiding the laws - and it's not a crime if you don't get caught.

Back
Top Bottom