M&P sights

Hi All
I just bought the new M&P 2.0 and have about 3000 rounds through it now. I really want to upgrade the sights and this gun will be strictly for the range and competitions. What have you found to be the best sights for competing with the M&P? I really like fiber optic and I'm familiar with many of the popular brands. But, I don't know how much they compare. All I know is that the 10-8 sights aren't as bulky as the others.
Thanks for your help.

I shoot IDPA with a Glock- my sights are Dawson Precision https://dawsonprecision.com/dawson-...ition-sight-set-black-rear-fiber-optic-front/
Black rear and fiber optic red up front. The black rear help to focus on the front sight.
310-033__61038.1430919558.1280.1280.jpg

Thanks!
Was it easy to install? Any filing needed? If there's any filing needed, I'll definitely have a gunsmith do it.
What made you choose Dawson over 10-8 sights? The guarantee?

If it were me, I'd go for a green front sight since human eyes are more sensitive to green than red. That's why the 5mw green lasers are *so* much brighter than the 5mw red ones.

You need a sight pusher, trust me. You probably want a good one. When I failed to do mine, I mushroomed my brass punch before one of them would move. Then I bought a MGW Sight Pro and did the other one. It was easy with the tool, and doesn't take long.

Bring it to Northeast Arms in Peabody and Steve will take care of you (assuming you don't live in western MA).

You can't go wrong with the Dawson sights. They will come with extra red and green fiber, so you can try both. Also included is an aluminum punch and instructions for fitting. They do come oversized to ensure a tight fit in the slide. If you try to hammer one in without taking the time to fit it, you could certainly mushroom a punch, but a sight pusher is not absolutely necessary.

I live in CT. There's a gunsmith near where I work in Wallingford that'll install sites for $15. Totally worth it.

Nice! When I was working in CT, I brought my CZ Shadow 2 to JoJo's and they helped drift my rear sight at no cost to me. Great group of guys there.

I'm guessing the front dot on the Trijicon HD XR night sites would be too large for competition shooting? Maybe even so big that it would cover the entire target at 15 yards?
https://www.trijicon.com/na_en/products/product3.php?pid=SA637-C-600851

They look really awesome. I can tell even from the website that site acquisition would be absolutely amazing. But, if the dot covers my target, that's no good.

Back
Top Bottom