.338 lapua

anybody have any idea where i might be able to get some .338 lapua mag today? picked up a savage 110 fcp for my birthday today but cant find any ammo.

I placed an order with Brownells for 2K rounds on January 14, 2013 and they are saying that they don't expect to have any in stock until June 2013....and that was for Hornady 250 grain @$83 for 20. The Corbon that I have bought from LGS has been closer to $130/box.....I might as well own an M79 given the ammo cost.....I have a Savage 111 Long Range Hunter with an Nightforce NSX FFP 5.5-22X on it...I can tell you that when you finally do get ammo you are gonna love the gun.

Outback arms in Plympton, ma had a couple boxes in stock last week.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
I have the same Rifle and I love it. Wait til you feel that trigger pull! I get my ammo at Cabelas. It's hit or miss but I usually call before I make the drive. This ammo is expensive. It is what got me into reloading.

I placed an order with Brownells for 2K rounds on January 14, 2013 and they are saying that they don't expect to have any in stock until June 2013....and that was for Hornady 250 grain @$83 for 20. The Corbon that I have bought from LGS has been closer to $130/box.....I might as well own an M79 given the ammo cost.....I have a Savage 111 Long Range Hunter with an Nightforce NSX FFP 5.5-22X on it...I can tell you that when you finally do get ammo you are gonna love the gun.

Holy shit! I just did the math on that; $8,300 for 2,000rds is ****ing crazy.

Well...think of it this way.....if you think about 2k @$83/20 that is $4.15/round.....if you have to pay $130/box it works out to be $13,000...which is a difference of $4,700...so if I manage to sell off 500 @ $130/20 which is $3,250...that cuts my cost for 1,500 rounds to $5070 or $3.38/round......which is almost $1/round.....with a bit of cash in reserve, and the foresight that with Obama in for four more years, me thinks the savings was worth it. Ammo is going up in value faster than almost anything I know of.....I think firearms are going to come down quick without an AWB....not so for ammo...IMO

found out cabelas has herter's .338 lapua in stock online. ordered 5 boxes site to store should be able to pick them up next week. i have a box of 100 hornady bullets so now i will have casings to reload once i get a press and rest of the reloading stuff. should be a fun time next weekend with my axis .223, night train .308 and this gun at the range [rockon]
[grenade]

Well...think of it this way.....if you think about 2k @$83/20 that is $4.15/round.....if you have to pay $130/box it works out to be $13,000...which is a difference of $4,700...so if I manage to sell off 500 @ $130/20 which is $3,250...that cuts my cost for 1,500 rounds to $5070 or $3.38/round......which is almost $1/round.....with a bit of cash in reserve, and the foresight that with Obama in for four more years, me thinks the savings was worth it. Ammo is going up in value faster than almost anything I know of.....I think firearms are going to come down quick without an AWB....not so for ammo...IMO

By no means did I mean to infer that I disapproved. Hell, if I could afford it I'd roll up to the range with a lapua and cheytac every range trip. I'd probably still reload for the lapua though, if only to see just how much additional accuracy (if any) I could squeeze out of the cartridge.

You've peaked my curiosity; What distances are you shooting at and what groups do you typically achieve?

2K rounds of .338?!

I would like to be your friend and subscribe to any newsletters you may have.
[smile]

Let's wait unless and until it shows up....right now it isn't here...and when they are saying June who knows what that means. However, as with anything like ammo in the current climate....as indicated there are a half dozen other guys I shoot with...and let's say for the sake of argument each of them wants in for 200 rounds....I am certainly not going to lose $$ in this market,and the cost of what I shoot personally goes way down. Compare the increase in ammo prices over the past four months against just about anything else.......just check the pricing....whether I was lucky or smart I will take it either way...certainly more than I will use personally.

Back
Top Bottom