Moving with a Form 1 in Process

JAD

Late last December I submitted a form 1 which was received/ check cashed in January of this year. Fast forward to the present and I am getting ready to close on a house later this month and will probably be moving out of my apartment sometime by 1 October (When I give notice, my intention is to list 30 September as the day on which I intend to give up possession of the apartment...though that could change, obviously). Based on timelines which have been posted, I am confident that my form 1 will not be approved by the time I move from my current address.

The good news:

*The house I am buying is in the same city as my current apartment- meaning that I am still under the jurisdiction of the CLEO whom I notified
*The house I am buying is in the same city as my current apartment- meaning that my proposed maker engraving is still correct- both in terms of the city/state where the firearm will be made and what is written on the other markings box of the form 1

My concern:

I want to make sure that I receive any correspondence sent by ATF. If they have a problem with my application I want to be able to address it in a prompt manner. (My application breaks the mold for Connecticut SBR applications because it is for a manually operated/lever action firearm, which does not have a certificate of possession)

Additionally, if it is approved, I would like to receive my approved form/ stamp in a timely manner.

What steps should I take to ensure that ATF/ NFA Branch has the correct address information at hand when they are finally able to process my application? I assume that simply sending a letter to NFA Branch would be an option- but I am concerned that it will not be processed in a timely enough manner.

Back
Top Bottom