daughters first lunker Big Mouth

mac1911

NES Member
My daughter has been fishing since 3 she won her first derby last year with a 14" bass. First time out this year with shinners and she landed 6 bass with 5 being at 16"+ the lunker of the day.
22" 4lb 7oz by my scale
l8Nj3cL.jpg

Son caught his first big fish also
16" a little thin ......he would not touch " the monster"

his twin sister landed the most fish and a big "sun fish"
RohvzLE.jpg

I wish i had a way to transport the lunker to a weigh station for a pin....i dont risk the fish for the trinkets pins. We know what we catch
The next one maybe.

I wish i had a way to transport the lunker to a weigh station for a pin....i dont risk the fish for the trinkets pins. We know what we catch
The next one maybe.

We do know what we catch and a picture and knowing they are there to fight another day is all it takes.....Way to go.

Way to go out there....can't wait to get my daughter out for open water fishing. Went ice fishing with me last year and loved it. Hope they enjoy fishing with you for years to come.

Way to go out there....can't wait to get my daughter out for open water fishing. Went ice fishing with me last year and loved it. Hope they enjoy fishing with you for years to come.

my daughter was all mad (age 5) when she asked what those guys where doing out on the Ice. I said fishing her "WHAT WE COULD BE FISHING RIGHT NOW!"

Do the pins have to be weighed at an official station or is it just on the honor system? The picture might be enough for the catch and release category.

Also, way to go dad. I loved it when my daughters would go fishing with me. Now that they are both over 20, not so much anymore. But one has expressed interest again.

my daughter was all mad (age 5) when she asked what those guys where doing out on the Ice. I said fishing her "WHAT WE COULD BE FISHING RIGHT NOW!"

Hopefully she'll love it and you'll be able to spend time with you daughter and son for years too come. I still ice fish with the old man it's great.

Do the pins have to be weighed at an official station or is it just on the honor system? The picture might be enough for the catch and release category.

Also, way to go dad. I loved it when my daughters would go fishing with me. Now that they are both over 20, not so much anymore. But one has expressed interest again.

I didn't look into it deeply once I read the requirements to be weighed at a certified scale I gave up. I told her the same thing my dad told me.
You know you caught it , I know you caught it ...that's all you need.
I like my dad are not going put more risk over catching them just trying to find a place to weigh it.

I didn't look into it deeply once I read the requirements to be weighed at a certified scale I gave up. I told her the same thing my dad told me.
You know you caught it , I know you caught it ...that's all you need.
I like my dad are not going put more risk over catching them just trying to find a place to weigh it.

I looked into it. For the catch and release category, you do need to photograph the fish next to a tape measure. If you are ever at Bass Pro, they have patches that say "4LB club" and so forth. That might be cool.

I looked into it. For the catch and release category, you do need to photograph the fish next to a tape measure. If you are ever at Bass Pro, they have patches that say "4LB club" and so forth. That might be cool.

I down,loaded the PDF for the entry form. Will now carry camera and tape... large mouth need to be 21" or larger. Her fish was just about that maybe 22". I was surprised about the sunfish category only being 10". They all have a shot at that..plenty of BIG sunfish where we go.

Back
Top Bottom