• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Portsmouth, NH Pistol and Revolver permit question

Hey folks, sorry for the overly long delay at this point; I've been traveling (back-to-back) for the past several weeks, but I've been trying to keep on top of all of this while away.

When I spoke with the assistant to the CoP last, I did not indicate any extension approval (nor was I asked); just that they were waiting for one of my references to get back to them via mail. Of course, as I noted, it's hard to have a full conversation of what's going on while you're boarding an airplane in Logan...

The short story now is that when I arrived back home from traveling, I had a letter waiting for me from Portsmouth PD dated a couple of days ago (July 24), of my approval notice. In total, it took them almost five(?) weeks to respond to the application.

In total, I'm unhappy with the process involved to get this complete though I should have tried to stay on them a bit better while I was out of town (though this is not easy to do). I'm going to go pickup my permit tomorrow and indicate my displeasure with the process at that time; a follow up of the total experience may also follow to the appropriate individuals.

Yeah, that's BS. My PD apologized for it taking 3 days.

Is there still a legal recourse when they issue the permit beyond the 14 day deadline?

Yeah, that's BS. My PD apologized for it taking 3 days.

Is there still a legal recourse when they issue the permit beyond the 14 day deadline?

No, not presently, at least not without trying novel theories in the courts.

Hey folks, sorry for the overly long delay at this point; I've been traveling (back-to-back) for the past several weeks, but I've been trying to keep on top of all of this while away.

When I spoke with the assistant to the CoP last, I did not indicate any extension approval (nor was I asked); just that they were waiting for one of my references to get back to them via mail. Of course, as I noted, it's hard to have a full conversation of what's going on while you're boarding an airplane in Logan...

The short story now is that when I arrived back home from traveling, I had a letter waiting for me from Portsmouth PD dated a couple of days ago (July 24), of my approval notice. In total, it took them almost five(?) weeks to respond to the application.

In total, I'm unhappy with the process involved to get this complete though I should have tried to stay on them a bit better while I was out of town (though this is not easy to do). I'm going to go pickup my permit tomorrow and indicate my displeasure with the process at that time; a follow up of the total experience may also follow to the appropriate individuals.
Still email your reps and his boss about him breaking the law.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom