New England Pin Shoots - Central Mass + Others

My father just got invited to an upcoming Pin shoot up at North Leominster. We've never gone to a pin shoot before, should be pretty interesting!

i'm the jerk that runs those shoots. you'll have a good time. i'll run the shoots into november if people want to come and shoot. officially they only go until october but i'll do a november shoot if there's interest.

also we're going to have a club rifle and pistol championship where the winner gets a little prize. members only though so if anyone is interested look for the flyer, and if you want a membership i'm always happy to be a reference.

Sounds like it'll be a good one. After doing a little research, you should only need 5 rounds to complete each "round" of play, but are able to load your magazine/ up to 8, correct? Not to be "that guy," but would an M&P40 with factory loads suffice? How about .38 Special?

Auburn Sportsman's Club:

Pin Shoots - September 4th & 8th

Tuesday, September 4
5:30pm
Pin Shoot Practice
WhenTue, September 4, 5:30pm – 8:00pm
WhereAuburn Sportsmans Club 50 Elm Street Auburn, Ma. 01501 (map)
DescriptionPin Shoot Practice Dates: August 14th and September 4th – Starting time is 5:30pm, cost is $2.00. Pin Shoot Match Dates: August 18th and September 8th – Sign-up time is 8:30am, cost is $5.00 for main classes and $2.00 for sub-classes. Shoot them all or just one. Eye and ear protection are a must along with a baseball-type hat. No Rain Dates, if it rains, we will not shoot. Remember Range Safety!

Saturday, September 8
8:30am
Pin Shoot Match
WhenSat, September 8, 8:30am – 12:30pm
WhereAuburn Sportsmans Club 50 Elm Street Auburn, Ma. 01501 (map)
DescriptionPin Shoot Practice Dates: August 14th and September 4th – Starting time is 5:30pm, cost is $2.00. Pin Shoot Match Dates: August 18th and September 8th – Sign-up time is 8:30am, cost is $5.00 for main classes and $2.00 for sub-classes. Shoot them all or just one. Eye and ear protection are a must along with a baseball-type hat. No Rain Dates, if it rains, we will not shoot. Remember Range Safety!

Make SURE you tell them you saw it posted on NES if you go!!!!!

After doing a little research, you should only need 5 rounds to complete each "round" of play, but are able to load your magazine/ up to 8, correct? Not to be "that guy," but would an M&P40 with factory loads suffice? How about .38 Special?

Not at NLRG. 6 rounds per "round"; you can clear the table with 4... the first time. It's a double elimination tourney set up; each one you win, you get a pin added to your tables for the rest of the day.

.40 is OK; .38 you need to be really accurate so you can hit the sweet spot. WeedWhacker does his with 9mm.

Not at NLRG. 6 rounds per "round"; you can clear the table with 4... the first time. It's a double elimination tourney set up; each one you win, you get a pin added to your tables for the rest of the day.

.40 is OK; .38 you need to be really accurate so you can hit the sweet spot. WeedWhacker does his with 9mm.

Alrighty, sounds good! Thanks for the info, we appreciate it, should turn out to be VERY interesting!

Tuesday, September 4 5:30pm
Pin Shoot Practice
When Tue, September 4, 5:30pm – 8:00pm
Where Auburn Sportsmans Club 50 Elm Street Auburn, Ma. 01501 (map)
Description Pin Shoot Practice Dates: September 4th – Starting time is 5:30pm, cost is $2.00. Pin Shoot Match Dates: September 8th – Sign-up time is 8:30am, cost is $5.00 for main classes and $2.00 for sub-classes. Shoot them all or just one. Eye and ear protection are a must along with a baseball-type hat. No Rain Dates, if it rains, we will not shoot. Remember Range Safety!

Saturday, September 8 8:30am
Pin Shoot Match
When Sat, September 8, 8:30am – 12:30pm
Where Auburn Sportsmans Club 50 Elm Street Auburn, Ma. 01501 (map)
Description Pin Shoot Practice Dates: September 4th – Starting time is 5:30pm, cost is $2.00. Pin Shoot Match Dates: September 8th – Sign-up time is 8:30am, cost is $5.00 for main classes and $2.00 for sub-classes. Shoot them all or just one. Eye and ear protection are a must along with a baseball-type hat. No Rain Dates, if it rains, we will not shoot. Remember Range Safety!

http://www.auburnsportsmansclub.com/events.html

Auburn Sportsman's Club:

Pin shoots are starting again - all handguns. Please bring eye and ear protection with you. We will be using rim fire shots for the
shoots. Although you may use center fire for practice if you would like.

Dates are as follows:

Practice Shoots
• May 14th – 5:30pm
• June 11th – 5:30pm
• July 9th – 5:30pm
• August 13th – 5:30pm

Pin Shoots
• May 18th – 9:00am – 1:00pm
• June 15th – 9:00am – 1:00pm
• July 13th – 9:00am – 1:00pm
• August 17th – 9:00am – 1:00pm

Final Shoot-Off
• Practice: September 3rd – 5:30pm
• Pin Shoot: September 7th – 9:00am – 1:00pm

Note: First round off is at 9:00 am SHARP for all shoots. Sign up is at 8:30 am.

I read in your website what looked like a notice that your Pin shoots on Sat/Sun (I forget which day) are for .22 handguns only. Is this true?

I'm just the messenger. It looks that way, though. There should be a phone number on the same web site. Maybe you could call and find out. I will also try to find out for you. Let us know if you do find out. Thanks.

Worcester Pistol & Rifle Club Boylston MA
Bowling Pin Shoot Schedule
Registration starts at Noon
4/27/2014
5/18/2014
6/22/2014
7/27/2014
8/24/2014
9/28/2014
10/26/2014
11/23/2014

Directions: http://www.wprclub.com/?q=node/8

$7 match fee non-members $5 for WP&R Club members

Townsend Rod and Gun Club Bowling Pin Shoots 2014

Registration starts at 8:30 AM, shooting starts at 9AM

$10 for three games, more if time permits
Eye and Ear protection required!
see the club web site for more info

May Sunday 18th

June Sunday 8th

July Sunday 13th

August Sunday 10th

September Sunday 14th

October Sunday 12th

November TBD

- - - Updated - - -

1st outdoor pin shoot of the year in NH will be at Country Pond Gun Club on 12 April 2014 0900 Newton NH

Last edited:
Well I went to the Chester Pin Shoot on 03May14 with a pink eye in my dominant eye (right). I couldn't see my front sight well at all, and I missed four pins out of 36. Far from my usual 36. I'll use eye drops the night before the next pin shoot.

Back
Top Bottom