• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

New England Pin Shoots - Central Mass + Others

This is sticky and exactly what I'm looking for. But it does not look like it has been updated for a while.

I went to Uxbridge R&G for a pin shoot today. My first time trying something like that and I had a blast. Was kinda pissed when everyone wanted to call it a day cause of rain.

Anyway, I'm interested in finding where other Pin or Steel Plate shoots are being held in Metro West or Central MA. I see one in Southboro in May another in Uxbridge as well. Other than that I'm not sure where to look. Is there a calendar somewhere that lists them overall (I realise I may be asking for something that does not exist)?

Pointers please for a soon to be Pin and Plate addict?

I have a couple of schedules here I haven't posted them yet... stay tuned...

-Mike

Westminster R+G:

Start time is 10 am.
No magnum loads on steel except 22 mag.
Format varies, sometimes is fun shoot but possible 8 man relays on live pins.

Sunday May 8 - Steel Plates
Sunday May 30 - Wood Pins
Sunday June 13 - Steel Plates
Sunday July 11 - Steel Plates
Sunday August 8 - Steel Plates
Sunday August 29 - Wood Pins
Sunday September 12 - Steel Plates

Winchendon R+G (All live wood pins)
Start time 10 AM

Sunday May 16
Sunday June 20
Sunday July 18
Sunday Aug 15
Sunday Sept 19
Sunday Oct 17
Sunday Nov 21

Athol and North Leominster may be doing something this year, but I have not heard anything yet.... so they're basically off the table at this point. (If someone has info on this, please post it... )

-Mike

Mike,

North Leominster is running. First Sunday of the month from now till September or October. 10 am start time, Wood pins.
I have heard through the grape vine Athol has "NO" shoots this year.

Matt [grin]

This is sticky and exactly what I'm looking for. But it does not look like it has been updated for a while.

I went to Uxbridge R&G for a pin shoot today. My first time trying something like that and I had a blast. Was kinda pissed when everyone wanted to call it a day cause of rain.

Anyway, I'm interested in finding where other Pin or Steel Plate shoots are being held in Metro West or Central MA. I see one in Southboro in May another in Uxbridge as well. Other than that I'm not sure where to look. Is there a calendar somewhere that lists them overall (I realise I may be asking for something that does not exist)?

Pointers please for a soon to be Pin and Plate addict?

If you want to shoot some steel check out this link for next week. Glad you had fun at Uxbridge, I was there also.
http://www.wallsofsteel.com/
Dave

If you want to shoot some steel check out this link for next week. Glad you had fun at Uxbridge, I was there also.
http://www.wallsofsteel.com/
Dave

For those of us who aren't clairvoyant, can you describe this a bit better? What is it, all steel pepper poppers? What calibers are good to use - I've seen some steel plates that are iffy if you hit them with a 9mm.

Are the revolver stages revolver-friendly (multiples of 5 or 6)? If I bring a 686P, can I load all 7 chambers?

What kind of distances are we talking? I'd hate to send in $25 ahead of time and discover, for example, that we're shooting at 50 yards - that's not something I practice on any kind of regular basis!

Seriously... that website assumes that you know what this is already. It's not really very inviting to someone unless you already know what the shoot is about.

For those of us who aren't clairvoyant, can you describe this a bit better? What is it, all steel pepper poppers? What calibers are good to use - I've seen some steel plates that are iffy if you hit them with a 9mm.

Are the revolver stages revolver-friendly (multiples of 5 or 6)? If I bring a 686P, can I load all 7 chambers?

What kind of distances are we talking? I'd hate to send in $25 ahead of time and discover, for example, that we're shooting at 50 yards - that's not something I practice on any kind of regular basis!

Seriously... that website assumes that you know what this is already. It's not really very inviting to someone unless you already know what the shoot is about.

Load all you got, Poppers are set for 9mm and a lot of guys are using 9s $15 for 1 gun and $25 for 2 guns Nothing over 20 yards and a mix of poppers and plates depending on the stage. Website has a lot of pics from prior years. Video from Dianna Lee is exactly what you see.
Plain and simple, no mind reading needed. Just show up and bring ammo.

Dave

Just shot pins at Fin, fur and Feather in Millis tonight. Was a lot of fun. Very safe but casual atmosphere. They shoot it every third Thursday of the month.

[shocked] That's a LOT of steel... good thing I have a lot of mags for my CZ-75 (and my G22... might have finally found a use for that thing). I think I may just wander on down there next Sunday. Do I need to sign up in advance?

Too late. Squads are full according to the walls of steel thread here. Feel free to stop in and see whats going on for the later in the yearmatch. Never know there might be a spot open on the day of the shoot if somebody backs out.

Well, there weren't enough shooters for a quorum so it was a practice instead. Shot my wheelguns today - my 2.5" Model 19 and my 6" 629. Wow... what a difference between .357 and .44. .357 can leave dead wood, but the .44 just blows the pins straight back off the table.

Everyone there was good people and very welcoming - I had a great time.

Last year I went up to North Leominster Rod & Gun. I forgot they started the pin shoots already, though, so I've missed the first two. [sad]

Tuesday, August 9
5:30pm
Pin Shoot Practice
WhenTue, August 9, 5:30pm – 7:30pm
WhereAuburn Sportsman's Club 50 Elm St. Auburn, Ma. 01501 (map)
DescriptionPin Shoot Practice for the Pin Shoot Match August 13th – Starting time is 5:30pm. Cost is $2.00

Saturday, August 13
9:00am
Pin Shoot Match
WhenSat, August 13, 9am – 12pm
WhereAuburn Sportsman's Club 50 Elm St. Auburnm Ma. 01501 (map)
DescriptionPin Shoot Match August 13th – Starting time is 9:00am, cost is $5.00 for main classes and $2.00 for subclasses. Eye and ear protection are a must. • Remember Range Safety!

http://www.auburnsportsmansclub.com/events.html

Sorry, I don't have any more info than that. You can call the club, though you'll likely get just the bartender. You can leave your phone number there and have someone call you, though.

Are you going? I may head out there tomorrow morning. Just got my Sistema Colt back with a new rear sight and I'm thinking that bouncing pins around would be a good way to try it out.

No answer at the clubhouse, though, when I tried to call. I'm guessing that it might be smart to bring a rimfire revolver, semiauto, and a centerfire revo in addition to the 1911. At least, those were the classes out at Nenamasek when I went there for pin shoots. (they shot candlepins with the rimfire guns).

I most likely won't be making it, though I'd love to. I'm going to be packing for a trip, and have to answer to the wife. If I can sneak out under the guise of "Home Depot" or "Walmart", I might.

Are you going? I may head out there tomorrow morning. Just got my Sistema Colt back with a new rear sight and I'm thinking that bouncing pins around would be a good way to try it out.

No answer at the clubhouse, though, when I tried to call. I'm guessing that it might be smart to bring a rimfire revolver, semiauto, and a centerfire revo in addition to the 1911. At least, those were the classes out at Nenamasek when I went there for pin shoots. (they shot candlepins with the rimfire guns).

Did you go? If so, how was it?

Back
Top Bottom