• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

N.H. Sen. Martha Hennessey, D-Hanover, to sponsor new gun-free-schools bill

State Sen. Martha Hennessey, D-Hanover, has agreed to sponsor a bill, and is researching what other states have done, among other details pertaining to the proposed legislation. “I am really glad he called me,” said Hennessey, who also said she was surprised about the lack of a state law regarding guns in schools. “I couldn’t believe it.” She acknowledged the bill will have a “tough road” ahead, given that Republicans control both the New Hampshire Senate and House and the Governor’s Office. “It makes me think that maybe because it involves children in schools that things will be different,” Hennessey said. “I am forever optimistic, perhaps naively so.”
http://www.vnews.com/Rivendell-Academy-Takes-Stand-Against-Guns-in-Schools-Orford-NH-10063390

"For the Children" is not the root password to the constitution

Next quote after that is also comedy gold:

It makes me think that maybe because it involves children in schools that things will be different,” Hennessey said. “I am forever optimistic, perhaps naively so.”
And it gets better:
Believing the bill will face opposition, Galli also is taking action at the town level.

He is drafting a letter to the Orford Selectboard asking board members to adopt an ordinance that designates Rivendell Academy a firearm-free zone. (The other schools in the interstate district are in Vermont). He thinks the ordinance may give local law enforcement authority to enforce it.

“It’s just another avenue to get this done,” Galli said. “My main goal is to see a statewide law … but that’s a slow process.”
Yeah, good luck with enforcing a town ordinance that directly goes against state-level preemption.

Next quote after that is also comedy gold:

And it gets better:

Yeah, good luck with enforcing a town ordinance that directly goes against state-level preemption.

It is baffling, although not surprising that lawmakers have no idea of the law.

Don't they ever give the **** up?

It's for the children....um, no it's not. [sad2]

Back
Top Bottom