Remington 223 won't cycle AR

I think the only Remington ammo I've tried that wasn't underpowered was their 125 gr JSP 357 mag and 180 gr JSP 44 mag.

If you waste enough time checking ammo velocity over a chrony you will see just how bad some of the stuff out there is.
Most of the "m193/m855 " put out is crap. IMI and PPU had some good numbers when I was playing with the chrony.
My ARs function on just about anything.

A buddy owed me a few hundred rounds when replaced it , he brought over Remington umc from a case he bought the stuff is total garbage severely underpowered and inconsistent fine for a bolt gun but don't expect good groups.

A buddy owed me a few hundred rounds when replaced it , he brought over Remington umc from a case he bought the stuff is total garbage severely underpowered and inconsistent fine for a bolt gun but don't expect good groups.
**necro thread bump**

Yup. I’ve been burning through my 2019 Walmart firesale 15 cent per round remington UMC 223 and federal 223. And boy is the UMC underpowered. It is very similar to PMC Bronze 223 in that it just barely cycles with several rounds and then the next will be noticeably faster. When I brought some PPU 5.56 (M193) ammo that was noticeably louder and with more recoil.
No FTF/FTEs yet and it only cost 15 cents so I can’t complain too much I guess.

Just glad to see it’s not my rifle that’s acting up

Back
Top Bottom