May 27th 2017 - Full Distance AQTs in Massachusetts!

... and May 20th at Harvard is the poifect opportunity to confirm said fancy skills, wring out the rifle, etc., etc., etc....

Just wondering, how many rounds would be typical for the centerfire event? Magazine changes during course of fire? Thanks.

Last edited:
I'm trying to keep the COF under 300 rounds. There will definitely be mag changes during courses of fire, those are mandatory for the AQT.
Thanks. Registered and looking forward to this.

Last edited:
Reminder - this is coming up fast! We will shoot AQTs at actual distance, and we will be shooting targets out to 1000 yards, or as close to that as your gear and talent can get...

If you're thinking of coming, and you want to make sure the rifle is dialed in and running right, and knock the rust off the skills, (or put the finishing touches on them) there will be a one day shoot tomorrow at Harvard sportsmen's club too!

Unsupported under time constraints all the way out to 425 yards. This was a challenge and enlightening, in particular with a bolt action rifle ~12 lbs, but a great experience under the guidance of AIM and Lupis42 (thanks guys, again). And, thank you Granby for hosting this event. Part of my battle was keeping track of the come-ups during the course of fire (while under pressure).

During a break, several took the opportunity to ring steel at 600 and 1000 yards in supported positions.

View from the nest. And, yes, folk did hit those barely visible targets!
attachment.php

Some of the Appleseed Patriots, end of day.
attachment.php

Attachments

• Distances_Targets2.jpg
    Distances_Targets2.jpg
    254.4 KB · Views: 120
  • CRW_5976.jpg
    CRW_5976.jpg
    240 KB · Views: 33
  • CRW_5978.jpg
    CRW_5978.jpg
    263.7 KB · Views: 123
Last edited:
I learned a lot.
Next time I will bring some heavier grain ammo and see if that helps.
Thanks to Mat and Andre for putting this together.
A great day with a great bunch of guys.

I learned a lot.
Next time I will bring some heavier grain ammo and see if that helps.
Thanks to Mat and Andre for putting this together.
A great day with a great bunch of guys.

Capt. Mike, if you are around Harvard SC and want to chrono your ammo, let me know. I have a pretty decent rig that'll capture velocities out to around 100 yards -- better than estimating for ballistics.

Totally forgot about this. It was this thread that got me to sign up for the Appleseed a couple of months ago...doh!

Capt. Mike, if you are around Harvard SC and want to chrono your ammo, let me know. I have a pretty decent rig that'll capture velocities out to around 100 yards -- better than estimating for ballistics.

I might take you up on that before we do this again.
At those extended distances, I should probably shoot something other than the cheapest brass .223 I can find.
Maybe some 77 grain open tip match, along with a good ballistic table.[h=1][/h]

This was a very good event, thanks to lupis42 and aim for their efforts. It's not often that you can get to shoot some distance within an hour's drive.

Big thank you to the club for the use of their facility, looking forward to another in the future.

Back
Top Bottom