• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Ghostgunner? I call BS

I have a hard time watching these clips. Anti gunners are so poorly informed. I pushes my blood pressure through the roof. I just want to go all 3 stooges on them.

Sent from my SM-G928P using Tapatalk

Great video, who would have thought after all these years i was assembling ar15s i apparently have ben doing it wrong...apparently the lower receiver houses the fireing pin according to the video.

What exactly are you calling BS on? Defense Distributed is a real company that makes this milling machine for 80% lowers.

Thousands of people die every year from 80% lowers. The lowers literally go out and murder children.

Not just that, but as they are made of metal it is easy to tie one to a stick and bash people's heads in. Where is the ATF? they should be classifying these things as mace parts.

Thousands of people die every year from 80% lowers. The lowers literally go out and murder children.

My girlfriend was one of these believers. When I got my first AR the first night I left it alone and unlocked next to the fireplace and made a big deal about checking on it, finally she asked "what the hell are you doing?" And I replied "I'm hoping while nobody's around it'll run out and knock over a bank and then I'll come back to it sitting on a giant pile of cash".

The levels of stupid slowly dawned on her in the coming weeks after comments like "You're home for lunch? Can you check the safe for my AR? I want to make sure it didn't try to go to school today"

She no longer dares to insinuate that a gun does anything on its own.

My favorite part is they're "800" dollar ar was a 1600 dollar Daniel defense. If the liberal who put this up wants to sell that to me for 800 I'd be very appreciative

You know what I like is people who narrate then their voice fades as they complete each paragraph.

Gosh that irritates me. And to think that some person is going to spend $2,000 instead of buying something off the street for half that is just odd. Or import it with their camels and towels from Al Kayda in some big shipping container.

38 left on the shelf - ready to ship - my son said no, I'd get in trouble as it runs on G-codes, that I can write manually (also just found a software with visualization capacity on the web)

Change the milling to match an M-16 and just 'scribe' the location of the third pin - what could go wrong.

It also does AR-10's as well as 1911's now.

Lol, at 1:01 in the video is a cad file of a DIAS being place in a lower.
Its also classic they are talking about ARs when there wase AKs fired as well.

My guess is a group by should be a minimum of 10 and a maximum of 20, keeping the price to less than $200 and not having too many people running it that can’t be trained properly or have too little skin in the game to care about wrecking it.

Yes I would be in on this. Maybe advisable to center machine in NH lest MA get grabby.

I was just looking at the DD site the other day. There's a gen 2 GG out now and the price is $1650 (not the $1500 it previously was)

I am considering one because I want to support Cody Wilson. The guy is the f'ing man.

Finishing some 80%'s would be a bonus!

My guess is a group by should be a minimum of 10 and a maximum of 20, keeping the price to less than $200 and not having too many people running it that can’t be trained properly or have too little skin in the game to care about wrecking it.

Yes I would be in on this. Maybe advisable to center machine in NH lest MA get grabby.

You read this as a group of people get together and buy a single machine. I read this as a group of people get together and try to negotiate a lower price for a quantity purchase. Quite different things.

I'm not sure the ATF will smile upon multiple people using the same machine. They've managed to pretty much outlaw build parties where the work wasn't 100% being done by the actual owner of the finished product. As I say, I'm not "sure". Definitely something to look into beforehand.

You read this as a group of people get together and buy a single machine. I read this as a group of people get together and try to negotiate a lower price for a quantity purchase. Quite different things.

I'm not sure the ATF will smile upon multiple people using the same machine. They've managed to pretty much outlaw build parties where the work wasn't 100% being done by the actual owner of the finished product. As I say, I'm not "sure". Definitely something to look into beforehand.
My understanding is that multiple people could share ownership on the machine, you just have to each run the machine for yourself.

My understanding is that multiple people could share ownership on the machine, you just have to each run the machine for yourself.

Take a look at this please: http://jpfo.org/articles-2015/atf-rules-and-private-guns.htm

"ownership" as you say above may indeed be key. Because I spend time in both GA and CT, I try to pay a lot of attention to the different laws in those states regarding my firearms, (and the laws of the states that I travel through). I have five AR's here that are legally owned under both GA state and federal law, but that I can't take to CT. I've also got specific quantities and types of "high capacity" mags that I can possess in CT, while they're all over the place here. And simple possession of them while traveling through New York is a violation of the SAFE act. <spit>.

I've got a buddy who wants to complete an 80%. I've got the jig and a baby milling machine. I've told him that he can do it here and I'll supervise him, but I won't do any of the actual cutting. Because if I do, and he tells someone in casual conversation that I helped him - that's a problem.

Take a look at this please: http://jpfo.org/articles-2015/atf-rules-and-private-guns.htm

"ownership" as you say above may indeed be key. Because I spend time in both GA and CT, I try to pay a lot of attention to the different laws in those states regarding my firearms, (and the laws of the states that I travel through). I have five AR's here that are legally owned under both GA state and federal law, but that I can't take to CT. I've also got specific quantities and types of "high capacity" mags that I can possess in CT, while they're all over the place here. And simple possession of them while traveling through New York is a violation of the SAFE act. <spit>.

I've got a buddy who wants to complete an 80%. I've got the jig and a baby milling machine. I've told him that he can do it here and I'll supervise him, but I won't do any of the actual cutting. Because if I do, and he tells someone in casual conversation that I helped him - that's a problem.
Thanks. Now I get to fall down a hole reading decisions.

I'm sure someone will come through to correct me, but one of the things I understood to be true of jigs, which I assumed (probably doubly to my detriment) was that while I cannot "loan" my jig to you, as that would be considered "helping," there's no reason I can't give it to you, or sell for a dollar. That the ownership of the tool makes it acceptable for you to use it, provided I leave you to do the work yourself.

Now the question I find myself asking is - the guidance and rulings described in your link seem to imply that someone building a firearm at a makerspace puts said shop at risk for "manufacturing." Can anybody clarify that idea? Does anything change if the person doing the work is an 07? This seems like an important question to answer for folks in shared shops.

Last edited:
I lasted about a minute. I might even agree with him in places. I'll never know. Because he has that unprofessional voice-over technique. He starts out fine and then when the sentence ends you can barely hear hi. (and he cuts off the last bit of word as well. ARRGGHHH!!)

^This is what I meant to say. Anyone seriously in would be buying their own machine at a lower rate (<$1650/machine) if purchased as part of a group buy.

What you do afterwards would be at the mercy of the ATF (read: don’t F with them unless you have the proper licensees = https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy...ntraceable-guns-sentenced-to-41-months/?amp=1 ).

Back
Top Bottom