• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

F class participation at Nashua and Scarborough?

XTR

What kind of F class participation do you typically see at Nashua and Scarborough?

Just filling in my calendar and looking at the schedule and wondering? Between the two looks like a number of mid range opportunities.

Regarding the HP Prone state championship at Scarborough on June 24/25th. Is the state championship award only for state residents or is it open? I ask because it's different from state to state. (I haven't been able to find the match bulletins for the matches at either range)

Participation at Scarborough is usually quite high for the State Match. Pulls in quite a few shooters from surrounding states. I don't shoot it, so I usually get pegged to run the line or do some other gofer work.

To be the Maine State Champion, you need to be a Maine resident. The Match Winner is whoever scores the highest, regardless of residency.
Usually some very good prizes to class winners plus door prizes.

Good to read that. I've had pretty good success here and there in F-TR and competition is a good thing. Long Range F-TR is my real favorite event, well that and shooting F-TR class full bore.

I am getting my kit squared away to campaign a service rifle this yr. It looks like between ME and NH, and VT there will be a lot of opportunities to shoot XTC. I've had everything I needed for yrs but with 56yo eyes I figured out after a couple of outings that I wasn't seeing well enough to be really competitive. Now with the scopes rule change I'm going to re-visit it. I got a SCATT system in last month to get serious, but it showed up 3 days after I broke my left wrist and still can't get into a sling (I'm getting closer though)

1_14_03_17_2_57_46.jpg

I've had everything I needed for yrs but with 56yo eyes I figured out after a couple of outings that I wasn't seeing well enough to be really competitive. Now with the scopes rule change I'm going to re-visit it.

1_14_03_17_2_57_46.jpg

+1. I belong to PF&G and am now ready and able to pursue HP , and in the future try some Garand matches. I'm extremely nearsighted and I can shoot irons reasonable out to 200 meters, but it's somewhat a struggle. I tried my M1A with irons at 600 yds, and I was only able to get 2 out of 5 on paper so not really do-able for me. I built a WOA optic service rifle and have been practicing and gathering the required gear and I think I'm ready this year. I practiced a lot last year at 600 yds and looks like I'm at the "Marksmen" level as far as scores. I volunteered to help at a few HP matches to observe and it looks like a LOT of fun. Looking forward to rubbing elbows with the Masters and hopefully getting my skills to the next level !

Back
Top Bottom