• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

33 round glock mags, just a MA rant, please ignore there is nothing you can do

HarryPottar

NES Member
I know everyone knows this, but I thought I would rant and get it off my chest, please ignore and just go about your day to day business as usual.

I'm looking at getting a Kriss Vector in 9mm just for range plinking and well fun. So i've been looking for some 33 round silly sticks, again because they look like good ol fashion harmless range fun. I don't worry about zombies, I've had 3 teenager-zombies and survived, I don't worry about SHTF stuff, most likely I will be the one throwing it. Just wants some fun at the range.

I saw some glock 33 round mags pre-ban, (definition; old junk that everyone else would throw away but sold as ridiculously high price, because we live in a supply and demand world) selling for $300 and some off brand for $150.

I was starting to think this was the norm and acceptable, even to point of nearly pulling the trigger on a couple.

Then in my normal barrage of daily spam, Midway as genuine glock, 33rd silly sticks on sale today for $25.19.

So I can legally own 33 round mags in MA as long as they are old and I have paid $300 for them, but I can not own them if they are shiny and new and only cost me $25.19

[grenade]

Rant over, proceeding to bang head on desk, Nothing to see here, move along.....

MA gun laws are all about hoops to jump through and barriers to overcome and booby traps to be stumbled into. Logic doesn't enter into the equation.

Get some cheap mags, have fun at the range and keep them.locked up while doing your best to avoid the minions of.the state.

So I can legally own 33 round mags in MA as long as they are old and I have paid $300 for them, but I can not own them if they are shiny and new and only cost me $25.19
The goal was to come as close to outlawing possession without crossing the line into confiscation. If CA gets away with that, more dominoes will fall.

Last edited:
I ALMOST said at least we have the option at all. Thank you for this thread, I didn't even realize how close I was to just accepting the idiocracy.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Alot of these preban mag prices seem outrageous, the price on some new factory mags make preban seem like a deal.hk mp5 mags are a good example, or $200 sig xfive mags when prebans that fit are like 100 for genuine sig and 20 for aftermarket.colt 9mm mags are another example

It just not being able to buy the ar and glock stuff thats really a stupid rip off.

I know everyone knows this, but I thought I would rant and get it off my chest, please ignore and just go about your day to day business as usual.

I'm looking at getting a Kriss Vector in 9mm just for range plinking and well fun. So i've been looking for some 33 round silly sticks, again because they look like good ol fashion harmless range fun. I don't worry about zombies, I've had 3 teenager-zombies and survived, I don't worry about SHTF stuff, most likely I will be the one throwing it. Just wants some fun at the range.

I saw some glock 33 round mags pre-ban, (definition; old junk that everyone else would throw away but sold as ridiculously high price, because we live in a supply and demand world) selling for $300 and some off brand for $150.

I was starting to think this was the norm and acceptable, even to point of nearly pulling the trigger on a couple.

Then in my normal barrage of daily spam, Midway as genuine glock, 33rd silly sticks on sale today for $25.19.

[grenade]

Rant over, proceeding to bang head on desk, Nothing to see here, move along.....

I have some shiny new 30 round mags for my G17 that I use with my Mech-Tech uppper in Georgia. That I can't bring to CT because they're NOT REGISTERED in CT. And I can't buy any in CT, there's no such thing as "pre-ban" magazines in CT.

I've got some absolutely gorgeous 23 round magazines for my G17 made by ETS, they're clear and they're 140MM, so they meet the USPSA regulations for Production class. Yup - can't bring them to CT either - they're not registered.

I have bags literally labelled "CT LEGAL" holding my G17 10 round mags and my AR-15 10 round mags... God forbid I should bring up a 30round PMAG from the stack of them I have.

How can they distinguish between old and new?

It can be hard, but there are a few that are assuredly post ban. Two notches is the absolute designator. U notch are generally considered safe but there are a FEW post ban out there marked gov/Leo only. Squares are probably the hardest to identify and as has been posted on nes numerous times, even Glock can't tell you which are which. Proceed with your own level of scrutiny.

For those NH or free state residents who may want to help out your southern bretheren, this site carries preban magazines pretty regularly but won't ship to mass. Go figure.

http://www.climags.com/categories/Glock/

Last edited:
Hmmmmmmmmmm??? I wonder what I would do???

Lol yep....

I know people who could care less about the mag capacity restrictions in MA and buy/own postban "hi cap" mags for glocks and other guns. Some people gamble and take the risk of owning these in MA thinking they'll never get jammed up while others look at it as "cheap" insurance (compared to legal fees if arrested) from ever becoming a felon. I know I would never pay $300 for a glock magazine but that's just me...

Last edited:
This is like th AR rant or every other its too expensive rant. For every money grubbing extreme gouger there's somebody that really wants it. Now today it may be me whose that money grubbing gouger and tomorrow it may be you. There's also those doorbells like myself who over price things because there is a "right number" and you have to wade through the I'll give you $50 for that Colt Python. The point is supply and demand AND the market will bear what it will bear. Its like dating you ask 100 women to have sex in a bar 99 slaps later you might get laid (that's the ill give you $50.00 guy). Then there's the trophy wife/ mistress. You want the one you want you're gonna pay for it bigtime (that desired firearm). The ugly person that thinks they are prettier than they are and doesn't get asked out or accept reasonable offers (the overpriced item).

The point is OP everybody has their firearm project list. You want to feel "Ordinance Complete" buy what is going to make you happy. If you bitch about it you didn't really desire it or need it because then you're post would have been "Check out my new lover: The sweet sweet Kris Vector Project with 33rd mags". Sounds like if you marry this one you will be divorcing her and someone else will be loving her in 6 months.

Sent from my SM-G928P using Tapatalk

For those NH or free state residents who may want to help out your southern brethren, this site carries pre-ban magazines pretty regularly but won't ship to mass. Go figure.

I agree. There is nothing that makes less sense to me than a magazine seller pushing "pre-ban" magazines who refuses to sell them to a LTC-A licensed MA resident. [thinking]

You would be amazed at what I see at gun ranges - PMAG 30 & 40's - High cap Glock (looked new from a distance). No one seemed to care, I had a private chuckle at the stupid laws and went on my way. No not a LEO.

My guess would be, don't ask-don't tell and concealed means concealed.

You would be amazed at what I see at gun ranges - PMAG 30 & 40's - High cap Glock (looked new from a distance). No one seemed to care, I had a private chuckle at the stupid laws and went on my way. No not a LEO.

Of course you are talking about NH ranges, you have never seen anything like this at any MA range [smile]

Yep. The problem/concern I have is if you were to get in a major car accident to/from the range (need to be taken to hospital). Or if you were to use your gun in self defense (or any other scenario that allows the cops to seize your guns) they're going to find the mags unless you have them stored secretly in your house somewhere?? [laugh]

I agree. There is nothing that makes less sense to me than a magazine seller pushing "pre-ban" magazines who refuses to sell them to a LTC-A licensed MA resident. [thinking]
I've run into a few of those. Also Natchez has USA magazine brand Glock magazines, obviously preban from what I understand, and refused to make it happen...

It can be hard, but there are a few that are assuredly post ban. Two notches is the absolute designator. U notch are generally considered safe but there are a FEW post ban out there marked gov/Leo only. Squares are probably the hardest to identify and as has been posted on nes numerous times, even Glock can't tell you which are which. Proceed with your own level of scrutiny.

For those NH or free state residents who may want to help out your southern bretheren, this site carries preban magazines pretty regularly but won't ship to mass. Go figure.

Do they actually mention in the description that they believe the mags to be preban? Just curious how you know which mags they sell are alleged to be preban?....

Do they actually mention in the description that they believe the mags to be preban? Just curious how you know which mags they sell are alleged to be preban?....
There are a few that I believe are pretty obvious, some G22 which are pictured with low caliber markings and are advertised as Gen 2. If they would ship here I would be comfortable ordering. They have also had new in the package Gen 1 G17 magazines. Depending on what you find I've noticed they're usually between 20 and 50 bucks.

There are a few that I believe are pretty obvious, some G22 which are pictured with low caliber markings and are advertised as Gen 2. If they would ship here I would be comfortable ordering. They have also had new in the package Gen 1 G17 magazines. Depending on what you find I've noticed they're usually between 20 and 50 bucks.

Im not a Glock guy so I was just curious. Thanks!

I think I've got a loophole...what if three of us went in on a 33rd mag Glock mag and cut it into thirds, giving us each...damn that still doesn't work ;-)

Math is hard !!!

Buy them OP. Just include the price of the mags in the overall purchase price of the Kriss to make yourself feel better.

Would be interesting to find out how many buyers of the premium priced 33rd mags are using it as a novelty item for a handgun or is it also for a carbine?

Buy them OP. Just include the price of the mags in the overall purchase price of the Kriss to make yourself feel better.

Would be interesting to find out how many buyers of the premium priced 33rd mags are using it as a novelty item for a handgun or is it also for a carbine?
I won't lie on this. I paid 100$ for a genuine preban 33rd Glock mag. No carbine to put it in, just a pistol. Though I have taken a shine to one of those mechtech uppers.

Some company makes bolt-on mag-and-floorplate add-ons for Glock mags. I wanna say they turn your 17 into a 23 or 24rd mag. Far cheaper than the beat-to-crap 33rd'ers.

As much as I love well capacities magazines, I rarely load more than 5 in a mag at a time at the range.

At some point it becomes more reasonable to pay $25 each and take the other $275 each and just throw it in a box for a retainer fee than to actually follow the law.

Some company makes bolt-on mag-and-floorplate add-ons for Glock mags. I wanna say they turn your 17 into a 23 or 24rd mag. Far cheaper than the beat-to-crap 33rd'ers.

As much as I love well capacities magazines, I rarely load more than 5 in a mag at a time at the range.
At the range I only bring 10 rounders unless I have a new preban to test out. Except the 33rd magazine. I always take that one.

I won't lie on this. I paid 100$ for a genuine preban 33rd Glock mag. No carbine to put it in, just a pistol. Though I have taken a shine to one of those mechtech uppers.

Although new they're $25, I wouldn't object to $100 for a pre-ban to stay within the law or to have at least one pre-ban if questioned. Although they sell for $300, I personally would not pay that but obviously some do.

harry

This is exactly why I refuse to play the pre-ban game.

Those ads for 33rd glock mags crack me up, but I understand why they're priced as such.

The only guns I would consider are those made to hold 10 rounds or less (hi point carbine, single stack 9's, g26, revolvers, etc.). I can't muster carrying a magazine and 1/3 of it is dead air. I'll continue to do this until I get the hell out of this shithole state.

"Only police can have full magazines and assault rifles! For everyone else, what if a criminal wanted to go on a shooting spree? If you limit the magazine to 10 rounds, then he won't be able to do as much damage, right?" [rolleyes]

This is exactly why I refuse to play the pre-ban game.

Those ads for 33rd glock mags crack me up, but I understand why they're priced as such.

The only guns I would consider are those made to hold 10 rounds or less (hi point carbine, single stack 9's, g26, revolvers, etc.). I can't muster carrying a magazine and 1/3 of it is dead air. I'll continue to do this until I get the hell out of this shithole state.

"Only police can have full magazines and assault rifles! For everyone else, what if a criminal wanted to go on a shooting spree? If you limit the magazine to 10 rounds, then he won't be able to do as much damage, right?" [rolleyes]
If you do the leg work it's not THAT difficult to overcome, price wise. You just have to get creative. I'm not sure I want to openly divulge some methods, but I will say that gun shops from coast to coast have used magazine bins. Old mags have a lot less value in Kansas than they do in MA.

Back
Top Bottom