S&W 629 Hunter .44 magnum performance center with red dot sight 7.5" barrel

i'm a 629 fanboy. if shooting that revolver doesn't bring smile to your face, something is very wrong! [grin] very easy to shoot. if shooting indoors just make sure you have good hearing protection. if i'm going to shoot a lot of 44 indoors I typically double up my ears (ear plugs and ear covers).

Last edited by a moderator:
Haha you never know when you may need to shoot out an engine block!

Yea I have fired a few .44mags before. Both though were on the small size (2" snub and 4" barrels). Had a good amount of kick but im 6'8" 270 pounds so I should be able to handle it.

I fire inside during the winter months and agree will double up on ear protection because even with my 686 competitor s&w .357 magnum revolver its loud.

I wanted the 7.5" barrel to see how well I can hit steel plates we shoot at outside at 50 and 100 yards. I can hit them with my 686 competitor and my glock g40 mos 10mm so hoping to do even better with this.

Im at the point now where if it is fun to fire and looks freaking cool im buying it so this was one of those impulse buys. Hoping to get the red dot sight dialed in this weekend and see how accurate I can get. Might swap out the red dot if the one they give as part of the performance center package isnt up to snuff. Its a Leapers UTG. Hhavent had much experience I mainly have used vortex, burris, etc in the past so will see how this holds up.

if shooter is aware of where to hold, that gun is capable of easily hitting an 18" steel plate at 100 yards with iron sights from standing position. the leapers is a $40 red dot sight. it's an insult to that revolver. personally i would save that red dot for a 22LR pistol or rifle. that revolver is wicked accurate with iron sights.

Cool yea thats what im thinking. It releases easily so going to try it out and if it sucks as bad as I think its going to I may box it back up and sell it to pick up another red dot thats better (vortex venom or burris fast fire)

if shooter is aware of where to hold, that gun is capable of easily hitting an 18" steel plate at 100 yards with iron sights from standing position. the leapers is a $40 red dot sight. it's an insult to that revolver. personally i would save that red dot for a 22LR pistol or rifle. that revolver is wicked accurate with iron sights.

Update! This is officially my favorite handgun! I can plink a 9” metal gong iron sights at 75 yards with ease! Honestly the recoil is minimal too for a .44 magnum.

definately a sound investment and no need for optics!

Get yourself the Lee C 430-310-RF and have some fun...

https://leeprecision.com/mold-dc-c-430-310-rf.html

tBjzSx1l.jpg

You will not be disappointed! I picked mine up on special at four seasons for $999. Gun broker can find them for that or less. Best money I have spent. Its an evil looking gun and out of the box its just such a smooth shooter and deadly accurate.

Your review makes me want one.

Back
Top Bottom