• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

SP5K/MP5K

As always your free to ask whatever you want for your stuff...
At that price my buying options are too numerous to list.
Anyone considering 9500 should buy any one of several transferable MG in that price range.
If you said 6999 or maybe 7500. I would have come down so hard..
I fully understand the value of the item and the assesories.

You should have taken the 10.5 when offered.

Last edited:
Just a regular sp89 is going for 6 to 8 Grand with one mag right now. The FJ Vollmer stretch is definitely worth more. Plus all the accessories. I turned down $10,500 the week I got it. Even the POF or MKE are going for almost two Grand...

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

I've seen a couple SP89's in the $4500 range recently. I've seen one in that $6k-8k range.

That said if you break it up and sell off some mags, I may be interested in a couple depending on price. I got a few from HKparts not long ago for $45 a mag (pre-ban). Though these are in nicer shape so I'd go a bit higher.

As always your free to ask whatever you want for your stuff...
At that price my buying options are too numerous to list.
Anyone considering 9500 should buy any one of several transferable MG in that price range.
If you said 6999 or maybe 7500. I would have come down so hard..
I fully understand the value of the item and the assesories.

You should have taken the 10.5 when offered.
I should have, but it was the week I got it. Didn't exactly need the money at the time. Still not entirely excited about selling it. I would love to know if anyone else has one in these in Massachusetts? If you know of any transferable machine guns in this price range let me know! I will definitely buy them. From what I've seen it's a huge jump to nearly 30-40,000 for a transferable machine gun these days in the HK variety. Every once in awhile though there is a deal to be had.

I've seen a couple SP89's in the $4500 range recently. I've seen one in that $6k-8k range.

That said if you break it up and sell off some mags, I may be interested in a couple depending on price. I got a few from HKparts not long ago for $45 a mag (pre-ban). Though these are in nicer shape so I'd go a bit higher.
I'll let you know. I'm trying to keep it all together, but might consider selling some of the stuff separately.

You may have an easier time parting it out since the preban market is limited to a few states. New in package preban date coded curved mags are $90, regular curved preban are $60-65 readily available and HK Parts occasionally has them for $45. Just as a benchmark.

I didnt mean hk machine guns, rather any machine gun would be a better investment since its unlikely your gun will ever be anything but a safe queen/investment...
In the 10k range there are sten, m10,m11, ruger KAC... and possible the least desirable uzi out there

Id be interested in buying all the mags, i just couldn't justify taking that kind of collectable and letting everyone ruin it at the shoots. Not that any hk or clone hosts are cheap.

"Can someone explain to me the appeal of the SP89 now that HK is selling the SP5K??

Don"

Sure, here in CT we can not purchase an HK Sp5k but no problem with an HK Sp89

This is more of a law question....

I had no problem finding a MA dealer to transfer me a MP5 clone receiver. Why are they unwilling to transfer me a Vector reciever? Neither of them are operable without other parts, and neither would be Mass legal without a stamp. Whats the deal?

When did you tranfer the clone? Recent developments

Our overloards have determined that anything with a barrel less than 16" is a pistol so it has to be on the approved pistol roster this makes it so a dealer wont transfer you an SBR. Or an mp5 pistol.

I dont see how it could be an issue as a receiver, but following "she who shall not be named" "logic" if a stripped AR15 lower is an Assualt weapon, logically every receiver could be an assult weapon..

HK isnt named in the AWB so its not a copy or duplicate..
You could try getting it transfered as a rifle receiver, but dont think you'll have much luck. Also if transfered as a rifle putting a pistol arm brace on it would not be acceptable, but you probably could sbr it yourself

We're as bad or worse than California now

Transferred earlier this week.
Plan is to SBR it. Hoping the ATF doesn't ask for proof of ownership prior to 7/20/16... since clearly I don't have that.

I dont think itll be required. But i guess i dont know what im talking about..
Glad to hear you got it transfer.
I have my HK sear now, and just got 10 mp5 mags...so the hunt is on for a host

I didn't have any issues getting an FFL to transfer it. First two I asked said yes, no problem.

Still can't understand the difference between an MP5 clone receiver and a vector lower.

Now I'm having difficulty picking a semi auto trigger group. They range in price from like $250 to $800+ and they all seem to look about the same to me....

I dont think itll be required. But i guess i dont know what im talking about..
Glad to hear you got it transfer.
I have my HK sear now, and just got 10 mp5 mags...so the hunt is on for a host

Are you accepting applications for new friends?

Always..its amazing the level of nonsense people willing to endure to shoot my guns.

Go green and come to the NH shoot, youll have a machinegun of your own within the year.

Go to VT green mountain boys shoot and you'll wind up with even more.

What kind of packs are you looking at?

If you need a standard semi SEF pack i have one you can buy.
I haven the 4 postion pictogram on all my HK and my builder sent me the sef housing, pack and selector, presumably by mistake.. but id just shelled out an aditional $350 to make it like the others.

Anything other than the SEF ones get expensive, then the ambi selectors are retarded expesive

Last edited:
I'm definitely in the market. I need a cheap, pinned and welded semi only trigger pack to pair with my Omega clone.

As long as it shoots, I'm happy

I agree...im not sure if bondsmen knows the difference between clipped and pinned housing and semi pack.

In his defense the hk stuff seems almost dauntingly confusing, when your first tring to figure it out.

Ive still have alot to learn myself

I agree...im not sure if bondsmen knows the difference between clipped and pinned housing and semi pack.

In his defense the hk stuff seems almost dauntingly confusing, when your first tring to figure it out.

Ive still have alot to learn myself

Yeah I'm totally new at this stuff. Bear with my ignorance. The AR world was flush with resources, the HK world seems like a void.

I need a clipped and pinned housing with a semi pack. Whatever will fit in my omega clone:

Omega Pistol 9mm

I believe any clipped and pin housing will fit your clone. The selector is different between metal and poly housings.

Regardless of which housing you buy.. any housing can be cut down and drilled to b3 MP5 compatible.. its not nearly as complicated as it sounds..

I was talking about chopping down housings by removing the rear tang that is on rifle housings and drill the one rear pin hole to make it a mp5 housing.

All the parts a readily available, but if you can get one cheap or free there is no reason not to chop on down..

Back
Top Bottom