• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Ohio State: campus carry activist shot & killed near campus

KBCraig

NES Member
Tarak Andrew Underiner wanted Ohio college students to have the right to carry guns on campus so they could defend themselves in dangerous situations – say, leaving the library late at night and traveling home alone.

Now he’s the first homicide of 2017 in Columbus.

The Lantern reports that the Ohio State University campus-carry activist was “found dead from gunshot wounds” at a residence near campus when police responded to a shooting around 12:30 a.m. Thursday.

The police report says investigators don’t think the shooting was “random in nature.”

http://www.thecollegefix.com/post/30603/

I'm guessing he wasn't able to carry yet. Prayers for his family and I hope they sue the $h!t out of the school for not allowing him to protect himself.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

a clearer logical argument for his case could not be made! In his honor, they should change the law there.

How 'bout this comment? Enough to make your head explode.

TR BlackLive by the sword, die by the sword. Tragedy in a Trump state.

Criminals target those coming from campus because they know they can't have weapons on campus.
In NC, a disproportionate number of assaults reported in the media have a reference to a campus nearby.
I suspect that in any state where students are disarmed by law that the crime incidence map has a great deal of overlap with college campuses and the adjacent area.

My son graduated from OSU in 2015. Once you walk off campus you're at risk. Go 2 blocks and it's sketchy. Go 4 blocks and it's ugly.

In general the kids don't walk alone. Even then they had a few encounters...

ETA: My oldest attended Providence College. Same situation there. Maybe not quite as bad as OSU but still lots of robberies and assaults.

Last edited:
my daughter was in college in Florida for 2 years. The school she went to didn't have on campus housing but there were condo complexes all around the school in a 2 block radius so thats where she lived. The school actually warned the students that many get robbed while walking home because its well known that every student of the school will be carrying an apple laptop because it was a requirement to buy before starting there. needless to say she was scared and the best I could arm her with was some mace.

When I was in college at Penn State in Erie, PA I carried a knife with me everywhere. In retrospect, I should've kept pepper spray with me as well.

I never actually felt unsafe, even stumbling home late at night. Everything was well lit, and they had those emergency call stations everywhere. That being said, if you drive five minutes off campus in the right direction it gets pretty scary. I had a friend who lived off campus, and his house was broken into at least three times.

I see no reason why capable students and professors who wish to carry responsibly should be denied. I don't see many professors doing this, but if they wanted to, I think it should be encouraged.

My freshman year at NU, a student was murdered by gang members just on the other side of the orange line tracks. He didn't know that white people weren't safe there.
The Glob quoted the girlfriend of the murderer saying of the victim "what was he doing there anyway?"
Criminals blamed the victim.
This was before a new BPD HQ was built over there. NU bordered some of the most dangerous areas of Boston.

My freshman year at NU, a student was murdered by gang members just on the other side of the orange line tracks. He didn't know that white people weren't safe there.
The Glob quoted the girlfriend of the murderer saying of the victim "what was he doing there anyway?"
Criminals blamed the victim.
This was before a new BPD HQ was built over there. NU bordered some of the most dangerous areas of Boston.

But of course it would have been racist to put out information letting students know that and saving his life.

Back
Top Bottom