• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

32 Remington

gerrycaruso

NES Member
I'd like to work up a deer hunting load for a Remington model 14 pump in 32 Remington. I have everything except .321 bullets. Jacketed bullets are difficult to find but cast are easy. Has anyone driven a plain base, cast and coated bullet to 2000 fps? I thought of resizing 8mm jacketed bullets to .321 but .321 sizing dies also seem to be out of stock.

I'd like to work up a deer hunting load for a Remington model 14 pump in 32 Remington. I have everything except .321 bullets. Jacketed bullets are difficult to find but cast are easy. Has anyone driven a plain base, cast and coated bullet to 2000 fps? I thought of resizing 8mm jacketed bullets to .321 but .321 sizing dies also seem to be out of stock.
I’ve gone close to that in 357 with fine results. Of course that has a slower twist rate.
What’s the twist on the 32?

I think I've got a partial box of the Hornady .321" 170 grainers laying around somewhere, as well as a dozen pieces of .32 Remington brass. I'll have to dig through a ton to verify this.

Also, I know the Remington 8mm bullets are listed as .322" diameter. I think the boxes I have are 200gr or maybe even 220gr.

Cast bullets can run 120,000 - 140,000 rpm before they just start to come appart. Stronger alloys and slower twists can help.
Think the 32 rem is 1:14 twist
So
2000 rpm x 720 / 14
Should be with in the threash hold?
Now as for plain base, bullet fit is key at those velocities.

Back
Top Bottom