• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

32 H&R Magnum

My mother finally purchased her own self-protection revolver, some sort of NEF .32 H&R Magnum. The only ammo she could find in the local shop (local to her in SC) was self-defense loads at about a buck a piece.
I plan on loading a large coffee can or two for her for plinking.
Anyone here have powder and bullet recommendations? Not actual recipes, I don't want to violate the board ROE, just some things I absolutely should or should not try.
My dad liked her revolver so much that he wants to give me back my Colt 1911 (1913 mfr) and get a .357 for himself. Now I've got tons of components for that as I've loaded that for quite some time but have no experience with the .32.
If I was smart, I'd go and get my dad a revolver to hasten the return of my WarHorse but I'd have to wait until I cash in my fur check.
Looking forward to hearing from any of you all.
TIA
Robert

if you are looking for a plinking load try a 98 gr lead wc with 231 looks like a nice easy recoil round Speer maual #13
they have haevier loads for jhp but the loads are for a ruger single sis not sure of the strength of the nef pistols

Thanks, I didn't even know that NEF made revolvers before she called me. I hope it stays together for her. You know how women shop, I believe there was a sale on it :)

I enjoy casting. That might be something I could do for her as well. If I spend a day casting then I usually have a years worth of bullets for .38, .44, .45, so adding another caliber really won't be a big deal.
Thanks guys.

Back
Top Bottom