• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

.32 Family Photo

majspud

NES Life Member
NES Member
With my new 38H, it is time for another .32 family photo.

Left to Right:

M1914 (1918) Mauser; all matching, non import.
M1903 (1919) Colt; all matching, non import (mid 20's Wood grips instead of T3 rubber).
M38H (1940) Sauer and Son; 1st Version, police accepted, post war VOPO accepted, non matching magazine, import, repro grips (have originals).
Mauser HSc (1942); all matching, 3rd Wehrmachts variation, army accepted, non import (also have original bakelite grips).

004-2.jpg

003-2.jpg

002-2.jpg

001-2.jpg

My summer project will be a shoot off between the four. I will run 2 magazines of new 71gr. roundnose Privi through each at a fixed distance and see which one shoots the best. I have yet to shoot the 38H; the HSc is the early favorite based on experience with the Colt a close second.

MS

Last edited:
JW,

You read my mind. A Walther PP and a 1913 Sauer will be the next two. I found a c. 1943 PP that I was going to trade some gold coins for until I learned I was being offered bullion value at 1/3 Numismatic value. I passed. I may still sell the coins privately and then get the gun - it is in the same condition as the 38H - 95% or better.

MS

I like it.... nice idea to use the dowel to prop up the guns. I will have to remember that. If you do not mind, I would like to add to the 32 Family Photo Thread.

Sure, the more the merrier. Actually it's not a dowel, but one the fiberglass rods off my hitch hauler tray for the little red flags. Looks/functions the same, though the fun part was rooting around the basement looking for something suitable to use as one piece.

MS

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom