.38 SUPER CARRY GUN

Any of you knowledgeable gentlemen know anything about Master Pistolsmith Fred Craig from Kansas? He built an officers size .38 super called the f-15 Fantom. It was a widebody frame that held 15 round magazines, with a Caspian slide and a laundry list of top notch parts. I believe they ran around 1500.00 to 1900.00. The gun was profiled in American Handgunner in 1998, but I don't know how many were produced. He typically did not have extremely long waits for his pieces, but by the time the article ran, he had already sold the rights to build the Fantom to Briley Mfg. Briley produced the gun from 1998 to 2003 according to my Blue Book. They also were produced in .40 S&W, as well as 9mm and .45. I am primarily interested in the.38 super. I have been searching for one off and on for years, with no luck. Can anybody help me?

Never heard of the "f-15 Fantom" (note that the aircraft was the F-4 Phantom), but you might check Gunbroker and the other auction sites.

You could also check the APG site for info about Craig.

Or, you could just have SVI built you a double-stack .38 Super to your specs.

38 super

Any of you knowledgeable gentlemen know anything about Master Pistolsmith Fred Craig from Kansas? He built an officers size .38 super called the f-15 Fantom. It was a widebody frame that held 15 round magazines, with a Caspian slide and a laundry list of top notch parts. I believe they ran around 1500.00 to 1900.00. The gun was profiled in American Handgunner in 1998, but I don't know how many were produced. He typically did not have extremely long waits for his pieces, but by the time the article ran, he had already sold the rights to build the Fantom to Briley Mfg. Briley produced the gun from 1998 to 2003 according to my Blue Book. They also were produced in .40 S&W, as well as 9mm and .45. I am primarily interested in the.38 super. I have been searching for one off and on for years, with no luck. Can anybody help me?
they show up at guns shows; sig made a 38 super full size, and colt made a combat commander in 38 super. i have a beauty brush chrome 1960 colt comander with bar-sto barrel and spring sysrem. i got it 5 years ago from 4 seasons for $700 [smile] [with custom work it would be $1400 today]. colts will have to be accurized. since the originals were not that accurate for target purpose. they have plenty of stopping power using silvetips; more than a .45 acp, closer to .357 magnum. gun shows are at shriners in wilmangton this weekend and the big e in springfield march 8-9.
cz 52's and t33 tokarevs are around; they are cheap ; $150-$250
and use the powerful 7.62 x 25 cal. which will defeat certain types of body armour. [smile][grin]

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom