Homemade Penicillin.....

Rudimentary, but in a pinch I guess. I see they mentioned medical grade honey as well. My wife had a hospital coworker over last week and they were discussing this. My wife has used medical grade honey bandages when she was an RN in wound care. Also sterile maggots, but that's too much to go into detail about. [laugh]

Yeah but you'd have to have active beehives and shit to have so much honey to spare for wounds. I have no idea how long honey keeps, though.

Yeah but you'd have to have active beehives and shit to have so much honey to spare for wounds. I have no idea how long honey keeps, though.
Processed honey will last almost forever. Well, forever`s a long time but a lot longer than we'll last.

I've heard that it never actually goes bad. It can dry out, but you can heat it to reliquefy it and use it.

I've heard that it never actually goes bad. It can dry out, but you can heat it to reliquefy it and use it.

It doesn't actually dry out, it crystallizes and that is reversed by heating to under 98.6 F, otherwise you'll pasteurize it and remove most of its medicinal qualities.

Yes, I'm a bee keeper.

Last edited:
Why buy fish antibiotics or make your own? I bought a couple of boxes of "Azithromycin" the famous (and expensive) "Z-Pak" from an internet site called International Drug Exchange. It seemed to work as well as the expensive prescription stuff. They supposedly have a "doctor" who writes you an actual "prescription" to make it legal. It was cheap- I paid about 6.00 f0r a package. Still have a couple on hand, since spouse is allergic to regular penicillin. It did take a while to arive (from India, I think) Cheap insurance!

Back
Top Bottom