• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Sale - Amerihide gun belts

CatSnoutSoup

NES Member
I just ordered a new Amerihide belt from DessiGear when I saw they were on sale for $49.95

https://www.dissegear.com/product-category/embossed-1-5-dual-layer-gun-belts/

Fine quality double layer belts - there may be better but seriously doubt it for this price.
My wife got one of their brown basket weaves about a month ago (10% code at the time) and she really likes the look.

As a point of reference I also have a Hank's "Gunner" Amish leather belt (read big leather strap) -- these Amerihide belts are much nicer looking and more importantly much stiffer.

My wife and I have had ours now short of 2 years. They are worn/used rotinley and they function just like they did on the first day. Very very very very good belt to say the least.

Mine just arrived - the belt is double thick and very stiff. From start to finish, the company has been excellent - Thank you for your order email, it shipped with tracking email - arrived within 5 days of ordering.

I should have ordered a 38 instead of 37 - I thought I may still be a 36 but that's just fantasy. I'll report back after a week or so.

Mine just arrived - the belt is double thick and very stiff. From start to finish, the company has been excellent - Thank you for your order email, it shipped with tracking email - arrived within 5 days of ordering.

I should have ordered a 38 instead of 37 - I thought I may still be a 36 but that's just fantasy. I'll report back after a week or so.

It's not uncommon for the leather to shrink a size or two during shipping... ;)

I have been getting ready to order one or maybe two gun belts soon. I was looking at this place called Yourtack.

https://www.yourtack.com/Concealed-carry-leather-belts.html

They seem to be simple in design and nice for the money but I think they are all thick single layer leather instead of double layer. Some of them (maybe all) are harness leather, not sure if that's good or bad for a gun belt. Any thoughts on these as compared the Amerihide ones on sale?

I have been getting ready to order one or maybe two gun belts soon. I was looking at this place called Yourtack. They seem to be simple in design and nice for the money but I think they are all thick single layer leather instead of double layer. Any thoughts on these as compared the Amerihide ones on sale?

Carl, I cannot say never having handled those "Yourtack" belts and I would hate to steer you wrong.

I can point out this much concerning single vs double layer; as I am sure you are aware, laminating of materials adds rigidity, for example engineered lumber beams are made up of laminated wood sheet material.

....As a point of reference I also have a Hank's "Gunner" Amish leather belt (read big leather strap) -- these Amerihide belts are much nicer looking and more importantly much stiffer.

I have one - it is a serious belt. Way beyond Hanks.

Thanks!

I really liked my Hanks belts, so I'm gonna try these based on that comparison.

It's simple posts like this that I very much appreciate - this community can be great for sharing information and companies - this is a prime example.
Reps inbound to the OP for posting.

You said it. [thumbsup]

Last edited:
I got the smooth belts with square buckle. Nice quality. They're nice and rigid across the belt, but not crazy stiff along the belt. If that makes sense. So to me, it's the best of both worlds.

i got the square buckle because I don't like the noise of roller buckles.

Cool, the one I am waiting on is a brown engraved with basket weave pattern and fitted with a stainless roller buckle. I think brass buckles probably look better on brown belts, but they wanted extra dough for a brass roller and I already have a spare one on-hand. I also think square buckles look dressier on an engraved belt, but this is a gun belt and the ability to easily cinch it down with a roller is handy.

Last edited:
I agree about the roller making it easier to cinch down and I thought about it, but I couldnt get over how noisey my other roller buckles are.

Got my belt a few weeks ago. It's really nice! For $54 shipped I can't imagine doing much better. Only thing is when I measured my old belt and it was kind of in between and I went up one instead of down one. When I am not carrying I am on the second hole so I have a lot of extra belt. That's ok I guess but I dropped a few pounds and if I drop a few more I may have to get another hole punched. Guess that's better than the belt being too small.

All in all I am very glad I waited and didn't go with the Your Tack belts I was thinking about. They might be great belts too but maybe not and they aren't as nice looking as the one I got, at least not from the pics I see online.

The sale is still on and I am actually thinking that I want to get a brown one and a single layer gun belt I can use for working outside (why not for $30). I'll just order one inch smaller on those.

Carl glad you were able to get in on the sale, they really are nice belts, wear it in good health.

Thanks for starting the thread and letting us all in on the sale! I have been needing a gun belt for a while but never wanted to spend $100+ on one. I know, it's an important part of my carry equipment and I should not skimp but sometimes the budget is the budget. Anyway, these are great belts, probably just as good as $100+ belts so for $50 each they are a steal. Not surprised that they make such a big difference in comfortable, reliable carry over a crappy department store belt.

I bought a Bullhide SUPERBIO belt to carry my full size 1911 45 ACP at least 4 years ago. I have worn it almost every day and it still looks like new. I bet it will last my whole life. Great belt that is pliable, but does not sag with the loaded 1911. Everything they claim is absolutely true. I also got the stainless steel buckle.

https://www.bullhidebelts.com/collections/gun-belts/products/black-superbio-belt

Last edited:
Don't get excited the sale is not back on. [laugh]

I was retiring an older non-Amerihide belt and did not think twice about paying full price this time around.

As a matter of fact I paid $5 extra for red thread on this double stitched, two layer, 1-1/2" belt (full 1/4" thick), in total it was $73.90 shipped.

I think it looks pretty sharp, yes?

yElRHmK.jpg

P.S.> Glock 30 and Multiholster OWB were not included with the belt. [wink]

Back
Top Bottom