• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Overpass - HealeyHurtsFamilies Sign Campaign - Volunteers Needed!

Mike S

NES Member
We have 4 very large banners, measuring approximately 16 foot long by 5 foot high - they are in sets of two. One set says "www.HealeyHurtsFamilies.com" and the other says,

Maura Healey
Hurts Families

The plan with these is to hang them temporarily on the INSIDE of the fencing (so they can't fall down onto the highway) with zip ties, side by side.

Volunteers will need to be willing to go, park, hang them, and hang out and wave at cars passing by underneath while the signs are hanging. After an hour or so, cut the signs down, roll them up and reset for the next round.

I have scouted out some very choice and select locations. These spots were picked because of high traffic volume, ease of parking nearby, and clear visibility from the highway (no signs obstructing, etc.). It goes without saying but the signs should be hung in the direction of the highest incoming volume, these locations should all work facing either way, depending on time of day.

Here are the locations:

Highway Sign Campaign.

Locations:

Rt. 95/128: Mishawum Rd. (Woburn), Grove St. (Lexington), Mass Ave. Bridge (Lexington) Grove St. Bridge (Newton – NB side only), Rt. 16 Bridge (Newton)

Mass Pike: Oak St. (Ashland), Grove St. (Framingham), Old Connecticut Path (Framingham), Commonwealth Rd. (Natick), Oak St. (Wayland), Woodland Rd. (Newton), Church St. (Newton), Market St. Bridge (Brighton), Brookline Ave Bridge (Fenway Park), St. Mary’s St. Bridge (Boston – BU Campus), Mass Ave Bridge (Copley Sq.)

I have not scouted any Springfield area locations yet, if anyone lives in that area and wants to scout it, please let me know.

Contact me on email to volunteer, [email protected]

Thanks

I'd suggest also 93 entering boston in the morning where the HOV lane is. This would also work in the evening as people exit the city. There are frequently people on the over passes holding signs. Most recently an older gentleman with what looks to be a small homemade "TRUMP 2016" sign on a stick haha.

What days and what times are you thinking of? I could be at either the Natick or Framingham sites. But not until maybe 7 PM.
-mike

Anything planned in the Worcester area?
Marsh Ave bridge would be a good spot for all those stuck on 290wb to see during the evening commute. They could get a good long look at it lol.

There was a couple of times this summer when I saw a guy parked up there with two giant trump signs on a flatbed waving to everyone stuck in traffic.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk

I live down the street from the Bryn Mawr Ave overpass in Auburn over the Pike. There is no parking there but I can get dropped off/picked up with ease. Having the sign facing the west bound traffic would work best because there looks to be a sign blocking east bound. Plus this area is usually congested on weekends because of the Sturbridge tolls.......

These should be permanently affixed, not cut down after a couple hours. Plenty of people put shit on highway overpasses and it never gets taken down. Let's do the same. Screw zipties. lets tie these things on with baling wire.

These should be permanently affixed, not cut down after a couple hours. Plenty of people put shit on highway overpasses and it never gets taken down. Let's do the same. Screw zipties. lets tie these things on with baling wire.

Stainless steel zip ties would be tougher to remove. They are a PITA even with wire cutters.

You can count my sorta chubby white a^^ in! Although I'm usually the poor SOB sitting in the traffic looking up at these overpasses. Nothing permanently affixed, the Liability if something (Wind, UV deterioration, vandalism) goes wrong isn't worth the risk. It is a litigious society remember.

Last edited:
permanently affixing an anti government banner isn't going to last long. Someone from the city or state will come along to remove b it. As it is, people are likely to get harassed by the local police.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

No.

The idea here is to have flash mob style protests in different areas. This way the message gets greater distribution.

Any south shore locations planned? 195, 24 etc? Eventually I can take some time (not for another week or two). There is a pedestrian overpass right before the 24/93 merge (I think it was a "house overpass")

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

There is a good spot on rt84 in Sturbridge near the old candy mansion. A few years back some moon bat flew a Elizabeth Warren sign up on that bridge both east and west bound.

Jason.

Any south shore locations planned? 195, 24 etc? Eventually I can take some time (not for another week or two). There is a pedestrian overpass right before the 24/93 merge (I think it was a "house overpass")

You've got to hike up the Ponkapoag trail to get to that one. I've been up there a couple of times, Kind of strange and cool.

Parking is usually an issue with those types of places. All of the places I listed have parking very nearby.

- - - Updated - - -

There is a good spot on rt84 in Sturbridge near the old candy mansion. A few years back some moon bat flew a Elizabeth Warren sign up on that bridge both east and west bound.

Jason.
Thanks, I'll check it out.

permanently affixing an anti government banner isn't going to last long. Someone from the city or state will come along to remove b it. As it is, people are likely to get harassed by the local police.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Agreed. I'm sure some goody two shoes will complain and get it taken down and destroyed if it is left alone.

The overpass on 90 near Fenway where Rosenthal used to have his billboard (shillboard?) should be a primo spot for this. It'd also be a good way to talk to a lot of people passing by, especially if it's done when there's a Red Sox game.

The overpass on 90 near Fenway where Rosenthal used to have his billboard (shillboard?) should be a primo spot for this. It'd also be a good way to talk to a lot of people passing by, especially if it's done when there's a Red Sox game.

yep, that bridge is on the list.

Back
Top Bottom