For those of you striking out finding H4350...

I had read that IMR4451 was supposed to be comparable so I gave it a whirl. Great results. Same ridiculous precision, similar MV. Haven't tested it for temp. sensitivity but it is part of IMR's "enduron" line which is supposed to be their version of Hodgdon's "extreme" line so I would imagine it's not bad. They are not 1 for 1 as far as how much to use goes, so you'll have to work up like anything else, but for me it ends up being about .5gr less. This is in my .260 so I can't speak to other calibers but for those of you shooting 6.5 creedmoor, the .260 is very similar. I ordered an 8# of the stuff.

Not sure if the OP is still looking for H4350 but I found one online vendor that has 9 pounds left in stock. Though they're charging $28 per pound plus shipping/hazmat.

I read that IMR 4350 and H4350 are the same if made in Australia. I don't use either so I don't know but I see IMR4350 for sale online. Both vendors who have IMR4350 are out of H4350

I had read that IMR4451 was supposed to be comparable so I gave it a whirl. Great results. Same ridiculous precision, similar MV. Haven't tested it for temp. sensitivity but it is part of IMR's "enduron" line which is supposed to be their version of Hodgdon's "extreme" line so I would imagine it's not bad. They are not 1 for 1 as far as how much to use goes, so you'll have to work up like anything else, but for me it ends up being about .5gr less. This is in my .260 so I can't speak to other calibers but for those of you shooting 6.5 creedmoor, the .260 is very similar. I ordered an 8# of the stuff.

Thanks, always good to know options. I shoot 6.5 Creedmoor in a gas gun and may get a 6mm Creedmoor bolt gun.

Reloader 17 will give you the same accuracy with more velocity in .260 or 6.5CM.

LOL, I have a jar of RL 17 in the powder locker and couldn't remember why I bought it. Now I remember- for 6.5CM at Granby, once the 1,000 yard range reopens. Eventually I'll work up some loads and post the chrono data vs. Varget.

Back
Top Bottom