• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Practical shotgun at Wallum Lake gun club

ractical Shotgun Match

This Saturday, July 30th, Wallum Lake Rod & Gun Club will be hosting another Practical Shotgun match. There wil six stages with a round count of approximately 150 rounds.
Registration will be walk on starting at 8:00 am and shooting starts at 9:00. Please direct any questions to [email protected]

See you there!!

Fun shoot and a good squad. Made for a very nice Saturday morning / early afternoon.
Sean did very well for never having done this before, with all borrowed equipment. [grin]

We do not have a match scheduled for the day before Fall Walls. I apologize for any erroneous information.

Apparently the person that handles the club's event calendar posted that match without checking with the appropriate people. It has since been removed.

Is anyone planning on doing the shotgun match in 2.5 weeks (Saturday the 29th)? I am but other than the posted schedule I wonder if it's still on.
Schedule: http://www.wallsofsteel.com/match-schedule

Match is still on Not sure on number of stages or round count yet but it is still on. Expect a mix of steel and birds, both stationary and airborne.
Dave

What type of targets are you shooting at in a shotgun match. Is it tactical like IDPA?

Steel plates

- - - Updated - - -

Match is still on Not sure on number of stages or round count yet but it is still on. Expect a mix of steel and birds, both stationary and airborne.
Dave

Would 7.5 be a good all around load?

BUMP for any NESr's going. I will be there running my vintage 1100 which got me started in this may years ago before they came modded from the factory.

I'm hoping to be there. I'm dying to try out my new shotgun. It's an auto loader, that means it loads itself right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does anyone know what the max # of rounds you can have in the shotgun is at the start buzzer in Limited Division? I thought it was 8+1, but want to confirm.

Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

weather was perfect, over cast with nice light breeze, not a drop of rain!

I had an awesome time brought my friend and he too thoroughly enjoyed it, we're both 1st timers! well... me a 2nd timer anyway

weather was perfect, over cast with nice light breeze, not a drop of rain!

I had an awesome time brought my friend and he too thoroughly enjoyed it, we're both 1st timers! well... me a 2nd timer anyway

I ended up going however suffered a failure midway through the 4th stage in which the shells were double loading. I tore it down at home and noticed I had a missing clip for the interceptor latch. I also might have a problem with a weak mag spring. Of course I decided to film a stage, the stage the failure happened....

Last edited by a moderator:
you still stuck through it to the end!

It was a $.23 snap ring that held the interceptor latch in place. With it gone, shells were just flying past it and double feeding. The mag spring is also about 4 inches to short, I stretched it out so it's about 14 inches past the tube and have 2 new ones on order so I can keep them as spares.

Back
Top Bottom