Bourne MA PD media officer has a sense of humor...

Scraped off of Facebook. Copied in its' entirety, since copyright does not apply to public employees.

If there are any Bourne LEOs here, please pass along a "bravo!" from me.

Bournes weekly update-C102 said:
Good morning to everyone out there on the inter-web from the inn-keepers here at the blue light motel. It’s Tuesday morning and time to check in with Facebook Nations favorite B&B. That place where we know every new guest by name and the experience is preserved with a complimentary photo at check-in.

I must say, that after looking over the guest register, it was a busy week here at the gateway to Cape Cod. Our guest services desk logged 547 calls for service this past week including the registration of seventeen new or returning guests. As is customary, we like to find out from our guests why they chose our humble resort and share their reasons with you good folks. Four of our guests came to us this week by way of the ever popular raincheck system. That is, the guest passes up the opportunity to stay at one of our sister resorts for the chance to secure a night’s stay at the Canal B&B. We often find, as is the case this week that these guests will present multiple rainchecks to ensure a guaranteed reservation with us. This week also saw several guests who were so insistent on staying with us that they began yelling and screaming at the top of their lungs in an attempt to gain the notice of our inn-keepers on patrol. After repeated attempts to calm these excited guests, they were eventually provided with lodging. One of these guests even secured an overnight stay at the county B&B. We still continue to register guests that feel they must possess and/or attempt to sell their illegal brand of mystical spices and potions within our fair little town. Our inn-keepers are always on the look-out for these rogues and brigands and gladly provide them suites here at the inn. A couple of guests came to us this week after having some difficulty with the realization that it is not ok to consume multiple adult beverages and then get behind the wheel of a large horseless carriage. Those guests were given the opportunity to complete a standardized roadside basic skills test and then provided courtesy transportation and a stay at the inn.

When not lodging guests, our mobile constables documented 47 different incidents. They also responded to 15 crashes on our highways and byways and documented in triplicate, 78 violations of the rules of the roads. The officers also reminded motorists as to where they can and cannot park while at area beaches 47 times. This was accomplished by handing out those bright Day-Glo orange reminder cards. The mid-week weather looks pretty good here in the Northeast but the weekend is showing signs of being hazy, hot and humid. That usually means lots of traffic around these parts so keep that in mind as you travel this weekend. Have a great week and as always, let’s be careful out there.

I'm sure what is worse. Enforcing a lot of laws that shouldn't exist, or joking about it afterwards like it's somehow funny.

If the mob had a webpage where they made funny stories about collecting protection money, would it be funny?

Four of our guests came to us this week by way of the ever popular raincheck system. That is, the guest passes up the opportunity to stay at one of our sister resorts for the chance to secure a night’s stay at the Canal B&B. We often find, as is the case this week that these guests will present multiple rainchecks to ensure a guaranteed reservation with us.

Very nice.

They write some funny stuff. There's one from last year or so a job applicant went into station for an interview. Apparently she parked illegally outside ,as an officer ran her plate they realized she was inside and had outstanding warrants..that was a great write up.

Last edited:
Let the guy who shovel s*** all day make a funny once in a while. He should have added that they only offer priority booking for a BLM members

I'm sure what is worse. Enforcing a lot of laws that shouldn't exist, or joking about it afterwards like it's somehow funny.

If the mob had a webpage where they made funny stories about collecting protection money, would it be funny?

Which particular laws did they enforce, which they shouldn't have?

ALL laws should be enforced. If there's some bad laws, the laws should be changed. Once we start picking and choosing which laws to enforce we cease to be a nation of laws and become a nation of tyrants, war lords, despots and criminals.

Some people got to hate,(ONLY enforce certain laws) probably like the people I had backed up on 3A. I was doing 75 in a posted 65, in the fast lane and people were getting up on my bumper wanting me to pull over. Then they get upset when they are rewarded with a colorful set of flashing lights in their rear view mirror???

Bangor PD is tough to beat.

https://www.facebook.com/bangormain...27432866078/10153149506936079/?type=3&theater

I am posting this photo tonight for those of you that are not lucky enough to live here in the greatest state in the nation.

Sure, you might have warmer weather, more snakes, tornados, insects and a higher crime rate but we defy you to challenge a Mainer in packing a car.

Ingenuity. True to the course and generally "wicked smaht", we also understand spatial issues like no one else. This photo was taken by a Mainer at a Walmart. Someone needed to get their snowmobile home and a Subaru wagon is truly the perfect conveyor of all things winter.

If the owner of this car can prove that it's their car and tell me a story of this adventure, I will supply them with a new or like new, Bangor Police Department Duck of Justice tee shirt. In Maine; free is considered better than cheap.

That makes this shirt a bargain at double the price.

" 19-year-old Jonathan Barter of Isle Au Haut."
11018899_10153149506936079_1887267537212940796_n.jpg

Their page: https://www.facebook.com/bangormainepolice/

BPD News has quite a few "Truth stranger than fiction" posts.

Last edited:
ALL laws should be enforced. If there's some bad laws, the laws should be changed. Once we start picking and choosing which laws to enforce we cease to be a nation of laws and become a nation of tyrants, war lords, despots and criminals.

This week we're finally getting rid of someone who fits all those descriptions.

[rofl]We are already there. WAKE UP !

- - - Updated - - -

This one should be enforced
'All men must carry a rifle to church on Sunday."

Back
Top Bottom