I want a Smart Gun.

It should have the ability to take the car and go to the gun store to pickup more ammo. Maybe self cleaning too.

Added bonus would be if I could just leave him up alone to patrol the property and shoot bad guys on his own.

THAT would be a smart gun. [grin]

I'll stay analog, thanks.

36bca4d1168d213e549c9d23899d9bea.jpg

“Police officers in general, federal officers in particular, shouldn’t be asked to be the guinea pigs in evaluating a firearm that nobody’s even seen yet,” said James Pasco, executive director of the Fraternal Order of Police. “We have some very, very serious questions.”

**** the "Fraternal Order of Police". Here is their mouthpiece on earlier Obama proposed gun control:

http://thehill.com/business-a-lobby...ll-stripes-swarm-obamas-gun-control-proposals

But the Fraternal Order of Police has a different view. The 325,000-member police union will support more federal funding for police officers and will lobby for expanding background checks for gun sales. The police association will also support more funding for the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF).

“Unless you have an [ATF] fully functional and funded, it doesn’t matter what laws you have because there will be no one to enforce them. Let’s get them to the point that they can enforce what’s on the books today before anything else,” said Jim Pasco, the police union’s executive director.

Members of the Fraternal Order of Police will fly to Washington at the end of February to lobby lawmakers on the proposals, Pasco said.

“We will brief them, provide them with talking points, the whole nine yards,” Pasco said.

The police union has yet to take a position on the proposed bans on assault weapons and high-capacity magazines, according to Pasco.

Yup. They jumped right on a "position" of more money for them and especially for the ATF. But commoners and "assault weapons" and "high capacity" mags? They couldn't decide on that one.

I want a smart gun with the nation's largest 4G LTE network so that I can access my e-mail and social media while at the gun range

I want a smart gun with the nation's largest 4G LTE network so that I can access my e-mail and social media while at the gun range

-- Click to share A Defiant Goose's target scores to your facebook feed! --

-- A Defiant Goose you're running low on Hoppe's No. 9™! Click the Instant Reorder Button on your Glock™ patented OrderGrip™ and Amazon™ will automagically charge your credit card and ship same day! --

"San Francisco Police Chief Greg Suhr told “60 Minutes” last year that smart guns are a “no-brainer,” "

Jeez, I think they forgot to ask THIS officer:

DH.jpg

Hell yeah the cops should be forced to have smart guns, I mean we've all seen the videos where the cop is yelling about someone going for his gun haven't we? Think of all the guns left in public bathrooms, the roof of the cruiser, stolen out of LEO automobiles that could fall into the wrong hands.

Isn't it supposed to be about officer safety at the end of the day? This is something I can get behind and I'd venture to guess I'm not the only one. [laugh]

Hell yeah the cops should be forced to have smart guns, I mean we've all seen the videos where the cop is yelling about someone going for his gun haven't we? Think of all the guns left in public bathrooms, the roof of the cruiser, stolen out of LEO automobiles that could fall into the wrong hands.

Isn't it supposed to be about officer safety at the end of the day? This is something I can get behind and I'd venture to guess I'm not the only one. [laugh]

Nope, you're not the only one! I'm behind that 100%![wink]

well it is a good point. If a large number of police units were converted to smart guns, had years of experience without the sort of problems we all fear (failure to fire, dead batteries, bad software, etc), and they prove that the smart guns can be manufactured without additional costs, MAYBE we would be more receptive to this for new guns.

But given the plethora of problems that even simple DUMB guns sometimes exhibit, leading to people having to monkey with the triggers or safeties to get them to work better......it is pretty unlikely we will ever be happy with a more complicated set of technology

Screw them. Anything that is forced on civilians should also apply to cops. Want to make smart guns mandatory for civilians? Fine...make them mandatory for cops, too.

This times a thousand, but mandate that there is a 1 year trial period for political security details first, see how they like having their own security nutered first...

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Think of the benefits, though. No more storage laws--why would you need them if the technology is foolproof? No need to report stolen guns, they couldn't possibly be used by anyone other than the user. Since you couldn't share guns, everyone would have to by more. Wait, what? That's not what you mean by common sense?

This times a thousand, but mandate that there is a 1 year trial period for political security details first, see how they like having their own security nutered first...

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

I'm sure that the SS protection details for obama and his family are already 100% converted over to smart guns. After all, he wouldn't want a bad guy to be able to take away one of the SS guy's weapons and then be able to use it. Or have one of his daughters find a gun lying around and accidentally shoot someone.

I see nothing wrong with the Secret Service being the test case.
Especially the ones that cover former presidents.
A good leader never asks anything of his people he's not willing to do himself.

Screw them. Anything that is forced on civilians should also apply to cops. Want to make smart guns mandatory for civilians? Fine...make them mandatory for cops, too.

It's pretty obvious it doesn't matter who it's tried to be forced upon. Says this has been this dudes life work for 15 years and he hasn't made didly poo as far as money goes. And all that's come out of it was a .22 granted it was cool looking, but it was 1600? I think. And then there's the exponential increases in pressure as you go up in calibers

foreign relations are in the toilet, we are again sending troops back to middle east, ISIS is growing by the hour, the state department is a joke and our Commander-in-Chief is still focused on disarming the taxpayers.

priceless.

I love me some technology, but this is foolish. Think about the Touch ID on your iPhone or galaxy, it works all the time and you'd trust your life on it to work flawlessly in milliseconds? Yeah right....

I love me some technology, but this is foolish. Think about the Touch ID on your iPhone or galaxy, it works all the time and you'd trust your life on it to work flawlessly in milliseconds? Yeah right....

If my thumb is damp my phone won't read it

Back
Top Bottom