• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Will never accept "smart guns". They'll just remotely turn them off on you and I whenever we need them most.

Smart Guns: Dumb & Dumber

Why have gun owners rejected and boycotted smart guns? Why does Obama want them so badly that he will use your tax money to create them and shove them down your throat?

At the Consumer Electronics Show (CES) which just ended (Jan 2016) in Las Vegas, a vendor wanted to demonstrate his Smart Gun Lock saying it “Answers President Obama’s Call for a Smart Gun”
But the CES wouldn’t allow him to bring an unloaded gun into the show, not even an imitation gun — not even for Obama

There’s an important lesson in that. They don’t really want better tech. In their fear and ignorance they just want to get rid of guns. Obama doesn’t want to make you safe, he wants to take away your liberty to own guns and protect yourself.

Smart guns will add several layers of complexity to guns (electronics, software and more cumbersome operation) that will make them less reliable, more expensive and more difficult to use. But smart gun technology will also allow government to track and disable firearms. Perhaps that’s why Obama will spend any amount to create something no one wants.

Last edited by a moderator:
36bca4d1168d213e549c9d23899d9bea.jpg
Sweet pic (amp)

Last edited:
Obama should spend the rest of his term pushing his gun in some young mans holster. That's something he actually knows about.

Some hoplophobes oppose "smart" guns because they make anti-gun arguments look dumb

If it wasn't for the threat of making personalized handguns mandatory for civilians, I think a lot of pro-gun people would be all for having "smart guns" available on the market as a choice. I wouldn't buy one, but I support your right to buy one if it's what you want for yourself.

When I think of relatives and coworkers who are on the fence, refuse to have a gun in their home because of the perceived danger -- having the option to buy a personalized "smart" gun could be sufficient to convert fence-sitters into gun owners. The path to becoming a full-bore gun nut starts with owning that first gun.

If it wasn't for the threat of making personalized handguns mandatory for civilians, I think a lot of pro-gun people would be all for having "smart guns" available on the market as a choice. I wouldn't buy one, but I support your right to buy one if it's what you want for yourself.

When I think of relatives and coworkers who are on the fence, refuse to have a gun in their home because of the perceived danger -- having the option to buy a personalized "smart" gun could be sufficient to convert fence-sitters into gun owners. The path to becoming a full-bore gun nut starts with owning that first gun.

Then next thing you know, ALL guns must be smart guns.

foreign relations are in the toilet, we are again sending troops back to middle east, ISIS is growing by the hour, the state department is a joke and our Commander-in-Chief is still focused on disarming the taxpayers.

priceless.

Actually isis funding is slowing and recruitment is down and desertions are up. But the next group will pop up like weeds shortly

I disagree, the "guns in a house are dangerous" crowd are like .02% of potential gun owners. Most people are nons not because they're afraid of guns but simply because they haven't assigned any importance to them, and there are metric tons of these people. Even having the technology present in the marketplace does not bode well for us. It must be crushed at every turn. Look at the horseshit with that safestop saw blade thing to see how that stuff can go horribly wrong. Thankfully that shit hasn't become legislated yet, because eveyrone knows the guy is just a greedy prick, but if the tech exists and becomes viable it WILL be used against gun owners.

Making tech to cater to partial hoplophobes (or households containing them) is a fools errand, IMO.

Frankly I wish a hoplophobe with an Armatix pistol gets the shit kicked out of them because his gun failed to go off. Once that goes public that should sink that bullshit for another decade or so.

-Mike

Last edited:
Last I heard, Ayoob's brother in law (or maybe ex brother in law) owned the rights the Magna Trigger and was still installing them (www.tarnhelm.com). Note, however, that is does to the structure of the frame - you lose all the support from the front metal part.

The first Magna-Trigger S&W handguns shipped in 1975, how is it that all guns must be magna-trigger guns hasn't happened?
fnffo4.jpg

I think we ALL know we can not trust these gun grabbers. Give them an inch and they take a mile.
But I wonder if a smart gun, being an inanimate object to anyone but the owner, would be deemed "properly stored" when just left lying out in the open. i.e. a way around the "storage laws" that require our guns in MA to either be in our direct control, or locked up. That might be a reason for some to buy one of them.

thinking about that some more, the magazine would need to lock too, to keep someone from popping it out and getting at the ammo. The ammo technically needs to be locked up too.

Last edited:
I don't like stating things like this usually, out of respect for the "title" of Our President.

Our actual president I do not respect, so to put it bluntly he is a TOOL.

The first Magna-Trigger S&W handguns shipped in 1975, how is it that all guns must be magna-trigger guns hasn't happened?
fnffo4.jpg

I was just going to mention these. Back when I took my course in 81 the instructor who also had a small shop in Westford had a 357 outfitted with one. They never seemed to take off that I recall.

Technology should stand or fail on it's own merits

I think we ALL know we can not trust these gun grabbers. Give them an inch and they take a mile.
But I wonder if a smart gun, being an inanimate object to anyone but the owner, would be deemed "properly stored" when just left lying out in the open. i.e. a way around the "storage laws" that require our guns in MA to either be in our direct control, or locked up. That might be a reason for some to buy one of them.

thinking about that some more, the magazine would need to lock too, to keep someone from popping it out and getting at the ammo. The ammo technically needs to be locked up too.
Interesting product idea. Not a huge market for it (MA and maybe 2 other states?), and hopefully the market will never grow, but still an interesting concept.

Even having the technology present in the marketplace does not bode well for us. It must be crushed at every turn. Look at the horseshit with that safestop saw blade thing to see how that stuff can go horribly wrong. Thankfully that shit hasn't become legislated yet, because eveyrone knows the guy is just a greedy prick, but if the tech exists and becomes viable it WILL be used against gun owners. Making tech to cater to partial hoplophobes (or households containing them) is a fools errand, IMO.
I can't agree with opposing technological innovation because of what politicians are likely to do in the future.

SawStop™ is a good parallel to Armatix -- expensive, complicated, and only viable if government mandates are involved.

Buy now before full blown retard mode hits, I'm more worried about Hillary than smart guns.

Picked up two 80% lowers this morning.

It's about the kill switch.
One of the reasons I wanted to help my hacker friends to get their hands on an Armatix iP1 would be to reverse engineer the firmware and hardware and look for the kill switch. While Armatix holds patent EP 1936572 A1 (2006) for a remote kill switch, they never confirmed this as a feature of the iP1.

This! I will guarantee that each "smart gun" will have a kill switch built in and .gov will hold the master code.
Once the product is out on the market and my friends peel back the silicon, everybody will have access to the master code!

I think the results of the smart sword trials should be reviewed before we move on to firearms.

Back
Top Bottom