.308 rifle won't go into battery?

Edit: So yeah, I used para cord to pull the bolt back, and it will now go into battery cocked and dry fire (had to check) but it's a major weak click on that dry fire. I am wondering if I have it turned one turn too much. Check out this picture.

Attachments

• IMG_4852.JPG
    IMG_4852.JPG
    196.8 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:
It looks like you kept turning the thing counter clockwise instead of clockwise. From the original picture, a quarter turn clockwise and you’d be done. Maybe you can just find someone in your area to look at it instead of a gunsmith unless the gunsmith would be willing to do it for no charge since it looks simple.

Edit: So yeah, I used para cord to pull the bolt back, and it will now go into battery cocked and dry fire (had to check) but it's a major weak click on that dry fire. I am wondering if I have it turned one turn too much. Check out this picture.
im starting to think troll or maybe you should not be touching guns.......... ;)

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fSD_UHsfWGA

Last edited:
It looks like you kept turning the thing counter clockwise instead of clockwise. From the original picture, a quarter turn clockwise and you’d be done. Maybe you can just find someone in your area to look at it instead of a gunsmith unless the gunsmith would be willing to do it for no charge since it looks simple.

Yeah, I'm taking it to a gunsmith, but I'm just tinkering with it. Good way to learn. No godammed way I'm firing a live round in this condition. You guys (and girl) are extremely helpful and ball busting. I appreciate it.

Edit: Yeah, the fp isn't even close....

Last edited:
We love all who support their 2nd amendment. We might poke fun a little but honestly we are here to help. Welcome to your first roasting. We all have been in your shoes with guns at one time. Keep pew pewing

We love all who support their 2nd amendment. We might poke fun a little but honestly we are here to help. Welcome to your first roasting. We all have been in your shoes with guns at one time. Keep pew pewing

My first? Hah...thanks. Yeah, it's just a matter of I have .001% of my time to spend on my firearms right now and this bolt assembly confused me. I have multiple firearms I can break down, clean, etc in my safes, just this one something just didn't make sense. I'd rather say hey I'm dumb once and be corrected than be dumb forever.

are you near the north shore, i have the bolt tools will take less than 2 mins to fix that

Unfortunately no, and I really appreciate the offer. I'm sure I'll get it sorted out with the help here.

Back
Top Bottom