• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

.308 now $1.00+ per round

From the latest Four Seasons email:

Winchester 7.62x51mm NATO (.308)

Military Overrun! NATO Spec., Boxer-Primed, reloadable.
• 147gr. • Full Metal Jacket • 20 Rounds per box • Limited Quantities.

$19.99 / box of 20 rounds

After you pay the taxes - it's going to be over a buck a round.

check out the "value pack" of ultramax reloads at DSG if you'd like to have your mind blown... those have been higher than $1/round for a long time. [sad2]

I don't shoot it, so i don't remember exactly... but I'm pretty sure NSF in Middleton has 20rd boxes in the $15 range.

How much is .308 at Riley's?

I think it's like 4 bills or so for 500 rounds or something like that. So they're less, but not by that much... I think that's for factory fresh Privi, too.

-Mike

I just came from Riley's. .308 was $335 for 500 rounds. .67 a round.

Thanks for the correction. Not sure why but I had high $300s on the mind.

Yeah, that's a hell of a lot better than what it goes for down here. There are still some jerkwad shops selling SA battlepacks for stupid amounts of money on them... and in some cases they have dust on them, which means they probably got them when they were $22 a pop.

-Mike

For the longest time, you could get Port surplus 7.62x51 from AIM Surplus at $139/1K. There were occasional periods where you could get it at $99/1K in the 2001-02 timeframe.

10 cents a round!?!?!?

*Wishes he'd been born 10 years earlier*

I know how everyone just loves four seasons but I can't remember the last time I bought anything there that was a deal. They were one of the first to increase the price of 7.62 x39 for almost 2 months Collectors was selling the same ammo for about $2 less per box of 20. I'm sure I'll probably get flamed for saying this based on the raving reviews that this place gets but seriously has anyone purchased anything at that place that you could not find for less someplace else. The last good deal I found there had to be 3 years ago and it was a Nagant that they must of had 50 of.

yea the last time I bought some at Rileys it was like $16.50 for 20 rounds for the privi.. I got lucky last year and pick up some LC xm118lr for like $14 for 20 rounds, love that stuff and still have some.

All my FSGUNS new gun perchases could not be found for less anywhere in mass, coin colectors and ware gun shop came close. OK I have not bought a new gun since nov 08
2007 FSguns performance center 1911 1350.00 everyone else 1500+
ruger MKIII hunter model 390.00 next best price 425.00
surprise here, browning gold sporting clays model ,KTP beat everyone 850.00
KTP also had the best deal on used browning ultra XT o/u 1500.00 with very nice americase and 8 exstended chokes. no one I mean no one in mass came close on that deal.
halloween 2008 ordered my stag model 2 from ACME 900.00 10minutes round trip nothing 2 and from to spend more money on
fourseasons 2 hours if I dont hit traffic, lunch, and gas. FSGUNS had it for 849.00
hands down 90% of the time FSGUNS crushes all the shops with in 1hr drive of my house
You need to shop if you have a target price, If it is just something you want you will pay who ever has one.

Last edited:
check out the "value pack" of ultramax reloads at DSG if you'd like to have your mind blown... those have been higher than $1/round for a long time. [sad2]

You're not kidding. I unpacked a case yesterday and said: "Cool - .308 - in quantity!" The I canned the price. $79.99 for 60 rounds of 168gr "match" reloads. I have no idea what they are using for bullets, but the brass appears to be military...In any case, I loaded it in the display case and walked away...

Back
Top Bottom